𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝟎𝟎𝟏: 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄 𝐙𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝟎𝟎𝟏: 
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐈𝐈

"ᵂʰᵃᵗ ⁱᶠ ˢʰᵉ ᵍᵒᵗ ᵇⁱᵗᵗᵉⁿ?"

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

THE SLEEVE of her jacket wiped the liquid threatening to spill off her eyes. She just managed to erupt into a pathetic fit of waterworks much to some of the guys’ dislike. But she remained thankful that someone was to reassure and make her feel comfortable despite being a complete stranger.

“What? Are you crying now?”

“For goodness’ sake, we saved you and now you're out here bawling your eyes out?” Blaze frowned as he crossed his eyes, annoyed at how emotional the conversation had become. “No, I'm just…” Y/n tried to defend herself but she found herself wordless and unable to say anything else. I'm not usually like this. I don't know what's gotten into me.

“Blaze,” Gempa reprimanded, a disappointed expression visible from their older sibling's face. “Come on! Don't you think it's too much? She's not the only one having a hard time,” the fiery eyed sibling argued hard-headedly, scoffing lightly in the process. “You don't think this is hard on us? No one here is without problems, man,” He added, turning to Y/n, despite the scolding he got.

“Okay, I get it. Everyone, just stop,” Solar massaged his temples, a bit frustrated by the sudden turn of events. But despite this, everyone erupted into a loud argument, with Blaze yelling at their youngest and it was giving her a headache. What Blaze said it's all true. But… I just couldn't stop my tears and I couldn't control my emotions.

Someone begins to pat Y/n on her shoulders in a reassuring manner, reminding her of a sudden sense of comfort. “Don't bottle it up, it's not good for you. Cry it off,” The soft and gentle voice of Gempa reached her ears. She looked up to him and she saw his comforting smile plastered on his face. The arguing in the background seems to have cooled off now.

“Oh well. Yeah sure, ya saying I'm the jerk who can't sympathise with other people. Well this jerk's gonna hit the bed,” Blaze grumbled and turned his heels, walking out of the classroom to make his way to his assigned chamber. All Y/n could hear was the comforting whispers of Gempa and the sudden sliding of the door.

I felt awkward. It was as if I had made a huge mistake coming here. But, I was just overwhelmed. I missed my family and I got nervous with all of these new people around me. I've been too used to living alone right after this zombie apocalypse started in the first place.

“Sorry… it's just that I missed everyone all of a sudden,” Y/n managed to croak out after wiping her tear-stained cheeks. “I'm sure they're all fine. You'll definitely see them all again,” Gempa tried to find the correct words. Yeah… I'll definitely see them again, in this world of danger, it was impossible for me not to. They're dead but… I didn't want to ruin the mood and tell him about it.

“Thanks, Gempa,” She sighed to herself. “How about you guys? Don't you miss anyone?” She looked back to him, wondering if he also had important people inside his mind that he was thinking about. “Well… we lost our mom to them. We sure miss her,” Gempa began, the atmosphere feeling a bit heavy and sensitive. 

“Like Gempa, we miss her and our family too. But I don't think about them that much, all I think about now is staying alive with my brothers,” Solar only said the most logical thing at the moment. That's right… that's the only thing we should focus on now. Everyone's got a sad story that's too painful to say to anyone, but in the end, we had to keep on going.