chapter three

CHAPTER THREE

BAILEY

His face turns bright red as I was dying of laughter. "Phoenix, please—not now." He whispers angrily.

"Wait, you watch My Little Pony?" Dakota asks looking genuinely shocked.

"No?" Logan held out. I smiled, knowing he was thinking about it.

"Oh. Well then um...well I was actually hoping you would watch that with me."

My mouth was hanging to the floor. Kota watches My Little Pony! Oh my god...

LUNA

I was trying a few chords on my bass when I get a text from Tanner that reads,

'Oh my crabapples! Phoenix and I were pranking Logan when Dakota admitted something weird!'

I sigh, ignoring the text. It's Dakota Revell, it's probably not surprising.

"Hey Luna!" I hear from my doorway. I groan. "What," I whine.

"Whoa, what's up your butt?" Jon asks with a smile.

"I'm just going crazy over trying to find the perfect chord progression for 'Welcome to Society'." I complain. He laughs.

"Well, how about a break and we watch a movie?"

I nod in agreement, and we head to the living room. I let Jon pick the movie while I went to go make popcorn. As I throw the bag in the microwave, Ashton and Levi, or as I like to call them—Lash—come walking through the door.

"Hey, what's up bro?" I yell.

"Why are you yelling?" he asks.

"Well I didn't think you could hear me over on how you're going to fuck Ashton." I said nonchalantly. His face turns bright red, along with Ashton's.

I smile successfully, grabbing the popcorn and walking to the living room.

"Oh you have no idea how fun it is embarrassing my brother." I said to Jon as I sat down.

Sometime during the movie the lover boys decide to join us. They left soon after seeing that they had something else in mind. Ew, gross...brain. That's my brother. I guess I made a disgusted face because Jon looked at me as if I was crazy, for on the TV was a delicious looking pie.

"What?" I asked after he kept staring.

"Nothing," he said a little too quickly for my liking. I turn my head back to the screen to watch the movie, but I couldn't concentrate because I couldn't stop thinking. What was he thinking about?

*

By the end of the movie, Jon had fallen asleep, but he was sort of in the way of me getting up.

"Crap," I whisper. Now I had to go pee. I nudge him a little with my elbow. He groans.

"Really?! Jon please get up, I have to go to the bathroom." I said softly. He groans again, but gets up soon after. I jump up and run to the bathroom.

LEVI

Ashton and I were playing games because we didn't want to watch the movies Luna and Jon were watching. My sister has terrible taste in movies. Through the doorway, I see her running down the hallway.

I see Ashton put in Mortal Kombat and I groan. "Babe, no!"

Ashton smirks. "Not changing my mind."

"I'll make you."

"Go ahead and try big boy," I said.

BLAIRE

"Hey, you want to get a coffee or something?" I said to Sarah as we walk past Starbucks. A chilly wind blows by us. Sarah shivers and shrugs on her jacket.

"Sure. Plus, I'd like to get to know you."

I smile and something warms in my chest. "Me too."

"You read 'Destibagel'? Oh my God it was so funny," Sarah laughs.

I smile, remembering the two gay bagels. "Yeah. All my OTP's are 99.9 percent gay. I mean seriously."

"You new to Seattle?" Sarah asks.

"No I've lived here all my life." I said, laughing.

"Just moved here from Indiana."

I smile. "What suburb?"

"Frost, on Fern Avenue." She said, smiling.