Resting my gaze on the outdoor activities, I see families roaming the streets, smiles plastered on their faces and hats covering their heads. Fairy lights hang in front of almost every building, including this one. Tiny Christmas decorations can be seen behind the glass walls of shops as the streets bustle with life. It's strange how every person walking through these streets has their own story and their own issues bothering them.

Twisting my head back to Ye-Jun, I realise he does have a point. Maybe I just don't tell coach. It's only two weeks and a half until Sunghoon and I perform, after that there's no need to worry or stress.

I nod slowly and contemplate the idea. "I accept your apology, just don't be angry like that again? You really scared me." He gulps and nods frantically, afraid he might lose me in this moment. "Of course, I'm so sorry. Are we good now?"

Exhaling slowly, I give him a nod and manage to smile at him. His eyes shine and there is a toothed grin. Gratitude slips out of his mouth as he can't resist hugging me and I softly pat his back, sometimes he's a bit silly. But I'm glad the argument is over now, I missed him.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

I'm sitting patiently in the living room waiting for the bell to ring and my parents to arrive. I haven't had a single message or sign from Sunghoon and it probably bothers me more than it should. He just has an effect on me that I can't really explain. I hope I haven't done anything wrong, but I've been thinking about it a lot and I just don't think his conversation went very well. Deleting the message I was about to type, I hear the doorbell ring and I quickly hop off the couch to the door.

With clammy hands, I turn the knob. Let's hope it doesn't turn out like last time.

My parents greet me with smiles, not the kind ones, but just the businesslike ones they always wear. It's far from comforting, but after a while you start to live with it, there is no room for quality time for a child with a busy family.

They shuffle inside with their luggage and my eyes widen. How long will they stay? Having put their luggage by the stairs, they take off their coats and shiver a little as the temperature here is different from the cold stinging wind outside. All I can do is watch and they've probably already greeted me and I just unconsciously bowed to them. Is it weird for me to think I want them gone?

They enter the living room after passing the kitchen and take a seat, while I fetch them some water. After all, they are still my parents. Having placed three glasses of water on the glass coffee table, I take a seat on the empty single sofa while they sit on the beige, longer one in front of me. The stove's fire crackles softly as I play with the gold rings around my fingers.

"How have you been Dahlia?" greets my mother and this time I could swear her smile was genuine. They seem to have completely forgotten about our recent encounter. I don't know what they are up to, but I don't want to let my guard down just yet, afraid they will turn cold again and then I'll only disappoint myself more.

I simply shrug and frown, what's wrong with them, why are they acting so nice? My father clears his throat and then rubs his hands to warm them up. 

"I called you because we wanted to tell you that we'll be staying here for the holidays" 2 whole weeks?! Lord help me, and oh god the competition with Sunghoon is the last weekend of the winter break. How am I going to hide that?

"That's uh long, how come?" 

They celebrated Christmas and New Year's Eve with me until I reached the age of 11, then their job got more serious and they would travel further and for a longer period. 

The holidays became an online thing, as they facetimed while I sat alone in the kitchen with my own prepared meal. I never really liked the day itself, but the cosy decorations in the streets and cafes were always a sign of a warm feeling.

"We were able to clear our schedule because we realised we haven't spent much time with you" I nod slowly. Okay, thanks for remembering me, but why now? When training sessions are more important than ever. I really don't know how to feel about this. There is an uneasy feeling in my stomach that I want to vanish.

Slowly, we start having a conversation, but it isn't as smooth as usual. They seem to have a hard time apologising for last time and I don't think they ever will, but I guess spending time with me is their way of apologising. If only they knew, I see it more as a curse than an apology.

 If only they knew, I see it more as a curse than an apology

A/N:

I know these chapters are a bit boring, but they are necessary for the book. There is a lot more action to come ;)

Don't forget to vote or comment, thank you!

Good day/night x

-C