11 | blood

Omniscient
[ sat, nov 11th 9:03 AM ]
Zolina's - Art Gallery

Omniscient[ sat, nov 11th 9:03 AM ]Zolina's - Art Gallery

"You know what kinda piece you gettin' for yo' girl?"

Phoenyx turned into the lot of Zolina's, one hand on the steering wheel as he looked over at Grant in the passenger seat.

He offered to bring him to the art gallery as soon as it opened, so that he could pick out a gift for the girl that he was clearly crushing on— and couldn't stop talking about.

"Nah." Grant shrugged, focused on the text message that he was typing. "Zo said she got her assistant to lay out some options for me, though."

Rubbing his jaw, Phoenyx hummed as Nycki invaded his thoughts.

After learning that she worked for the gallery, their secret rendezvous had become an unintentional bad habit.

They still hadn't exchanged numbers, but every time that they bumped into each other, Nycki would eventually end up on top of him.

"And she ain't my girl, by the way." Grant added, locking his phone and putting it in his pocket.

"What?" Phoenyx took off his sunglasses. "You got me up early as hell to go pick out some art. Lil' Soraya better be yo' girl! Don't be on the same dumb shit that Ace was."

"I'm not, I'm not." Grant quickly defended himself. "I guess I meant to say she ain't my girl, yet. I planned out the whole day so I can ask her. The painting is a special touch."

"Look at you. Talkin' 'bout special touch." Phoenyx teased. "You a lil' Casanova, forreal. Gon' head."

"That's me." Grant smiled widely. "When you gonna get a girl, Nyx?"

"Shut up." Phoenyx said, fed up with his love life being a constant topic. "And mind yo' business."

As he reversed into an available spot, his eyes caught a familiar car that was already in the parking lot. He read the license plate and scowled.

Unclipping his seatbelt aggressively, he reached under his seat and grabbed his black Sig Sauer P320. He double-checked the clip before looking over at Grant's puzzled expression.

"Stay here." He ordered.

"What? Why?" Grant followed his hard gaze through the windshield. "Who is that?"

Phoenyx got out and leaned down into the window, "What I say, G?"

Tucking the weapon into the back of his jeans and pulling his fitted cap right above his eyes, Phoenyx took long strides across the pavement and stood directly behind the person.

Grant sat up to watch the interaction, pulling his phone out again and going straight to Ace's contact.

"You the nigga that keep poppin' up 'round here, right?"