Chapter XXI - A Ring for a Gravestone

Start from the beginning

After a few minutes, they had the coordinates. They knew where Thanos was and, more importantly, where the stones were.

"Good, I'm leaving." The new blonde, Carol Danvers was her name? Headed towards the door.

"Where to?" Steve called after her.

"To kill Thanos." Victor snorted into his beer can, while Thor's posture turned stiff.

"We tried that before." Said Natasha dryly.

"But I wasn't here last time."

"How cocky is this woman?" Victor thought, drowning in the last of his drink.

Thor stood up and approached Danvers. He lowered his head just to gaze into the woman's eyes. Studying her, he summoned his axe from the other end of the room. The Stormbreaker flew right next to her ear. She just smirked unflinchingly.

 She just smirked unflinchingly

"Seriously... How cocky is she?"

Everyone was hastily preparing for departure. Victor only grabbed another beer as his rugged clothes turned into his Merlin regalia. Most of the team doesn't understand... The only way to undo what Thanos did is to repeat the snap. That is true; however, a normal human being won't survive such a thing. Thor can probably take it. The cocky woman likely believes she can do it. In theory, Victor could too. He would just need to use a ridiculous amount of magic to shield himself, which currently...

His body felt like it was made of glass. Each step put his bones and skin under pressure, which riddled his insides.

Yeah, currently that won't be possible for him, but still, he will bring Wanda back. One way or the other.

After Victor's first space flight, where he was solely focused on not throwing up, they landed on the planet. It really was a garden. There were no buildings aside from a simple wooden cottage among endless fields and lush forests. 

  "Such a monster doesn't deserve to live in a place like this."   

Victor started to feel a growing fury that was slowly eating away at his apathy. He touched the alien flower's thick stem. As he did countless times, he tried to draw on the energies of Avlee mesmerized by the foreign fauna. He felt nothing. There was no vivid, almost electric pulse of life he always experienced when connecting with nature. Come to think of it, he barely felt anything at all, especially one or six crucial things.

"If he is here, then why don't I feel the stones?"

Victor thought as he sneaked closer to the cottage under the invisibility spell. Once in place, with a silent signal from Captain America, he conjured thick white bands that glowed with his order magic. The bands flew into the house by punching through walls, piercing rooftops, breaking windows, and ripping the floor. As he blinked in a puff of smoke and got inside, he saw Thanos completely immobilized by his spell. However, something was wrong. Half of Thanos body was disfigured, burned almost to a black shell. Furthermore, Victor's spell was designed to suck away the target's energy, but now he barely sensed anything from the mad titan.