V.

THE hours were getting late and the sky was getting darker

THE hours were getting late and the sky was getting darker. After two hours of shopping, Yung Chao and Miss Ying decided to go find the others. Luckily she knew the way there so getting lost was excluded. The woods were dark and a bit scary, the only light source was the bright moon.

While they were walking, Yung Chao decided to start a random conversation. ''So, Miss Ying, you mentioned the martial god of the South before. What exactly do you know of him? Do you worship him?'' He asked curiously. The girl put a finger under her chin, thinking the right answer. ''Well, I do not live in the South so I can't pray for his protection. Because he is also known as the god of beauty I sometimes turn to him for blessing. Many call me ugly here so I'm in need of a miracle. He has not answered me yet. I can't really say much about him. But what I have heard is that he is beautiful, like the moon, like a clear sea.''

Yung Chao's smile faded while he listened. Is this all they see? Yes he was pretty but he was so much more than this.
''Ying... You do know that he is not actually the god of beauty? Hundreds of years ago, Qi Yin's worshipers started to claim this title to their all beloved god after he appeared in their dreams and visions. He can't answer your prayers because he can't grant your wish. It's not in his power. And anyway you do not need it. You are a very beautiful girl. Do not listen to some old bald man who probably is already blind, alright?'' 

Miss Ying looked at him with wide eyes. No one has ever said such kind things to her. ''And also, you do not need to be a southerner to pray for his protection. He helps anyone who seeks it.'' ''H-how do you know all this, sir?'' He gave her a sweet smile. ''Just believe me, I know.'' She smiled back. There was a short silence after this.

''Sir, it may sound inappropriate but do you have someone?'' Miss Ying blushed at her rudeness. The young man brushed his long white bangs out of his face. He gave her a raised eyebrow, ''have someone? What do you mean?'' ''L-like a partner'' His face fell and darkened with sadness. ''You could say that. It's a bit complicated right now.'' Ying's face also saddened, she felt sorry for him. ''Who is it? If you don't mind me asking. Is it any of the three back then?'' He shook his head and a little smile came back on his face.

''It's someone tall. A bit taller than me. With long dark hair, light eyes. With the worst personality you could ever encounter.'' he chuckled. ''Very prideful and arrogant. But also gentle and protective. And I wouldn't want him any other way. He is beautiful. Of course not as beautiful as me but... my breath got stuck every time I looked at him.'' His face saddened again. ''Our relationship is complicated. He left me.'' A silence followed after this. Neither of them knew what to say next. ''If he dies, I would have nothing.'' He looked at the moon, sighting.

He turned back to Miss Ying with a big smile on his face. ''But it's not important right now. How long until the temple? I'm getting tiiiiiired'' He whined. The young girl was taken aback by this sudden mood change. She didn't dare to ask more and looked around to see where they were. ''Hm, if I'm correct then the temple should be just around this-'' ''We are here'' Yung Chao said before she could finish.