𝐈. 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠

Screams could be heard in the whole house.
Even the passing humans would turn a few glances but still kept walking, knowing what's probably happening.
"Congratulations, it's a boy, my lady," said the doctor who held the newborn in his hands. The mother was panting, all sweaty and she could still feel the pain all over her body. Weakly, she still raised her hands, "give him, give him to me."
The doctor softly placed the little boy into his mother's arms. The woman smiled, her eyes sparkling.
"Hello there, my little one. Welcome," she placed a little kiss on his forehead.

She played with his little fingers until another man entered the room. The doctor and maid bowed when he passed. He stormed beside his wife and put his hand on her head, caressing her hair.
"I'm so proud. I can't believe it's a little boy. Our little boy," he kissed her forehead and then looked at his son. "He is beautiful. He looks very much like you, doesn't he?" They both chuckled lightly, "now now. We can all see how he's gonna be his daddy's boy." The Man also kissed his son's forehead and caressed his cheek.

The doctor cleared his throat gently to get their attention.
"I'm sorry to interrupt but I should take the babe to clean him up and check if everything's alright. After that my lady has to feed him."
The father looked at his wife then the doctor, "yes, of course. Do your job." The doctor nodded and walked next to the bed to take the boy. The woman was kinda hesitant to give her son away but eventually she let go and they were out of sight. "He's gonna be okay," the man assured and sat on the bed. "I know," the woman nodded softly. "You should rest. It's midnight and you are out of energy. I will look over our son and in the morning decide his name, alright?"
The woman smiled at her husband and nodded. The man smiled back and stood up and left the room to give his wife some rest.

⎯⎯

6 days had passed. The wife was back on her feet and the house hasn't been more lively than now.

It was late at night in the Xianle Kingdom where everyone was probably sleeping already. The woman was holding her sleeping son in her hands and walking around the big living room, looking for something. She was looking around the room when she suddenly caught a glimpse of something weird outside. She walked over to the window and called out to her husband with a confused and slightly shaking voice. "Can you come here for a moment? I think someone is in front of our house." The man walked next to his wife and looked out.

In front of their house, under the moonlight was standing a rather odd figure, their back facing the house. The person was dressed head to toe in white with long black hair.
"Who is that jerk? It's almost midnight. I'm gonna talk with him." The man started to walk away when his wife called out to him again, her voice a mere whisper this time with a hint of fear. He could see how she pressed their son closer to her chest. He walked back to the window and pulled the curtains more away.
The person was now facing the window where they stood. The man was wearing a very creepy half smiling half crying white mask.

He just stood there and watched them.
No. He watched the little boy.

The husband had enough and ran out of the house. When he arrived where the weird man was before, he wasn't there anymore.
The white clothed person just disappeared.

'Who was that?'