Chapter 8 [5/6]

Daesun, Daejoon and Doyeon are resuming their adventure. They are running fast along the dark alley. Eventually, they see lights approaching the same direction as theirs.

"Wait. Be careful, it might be another evil guardian," said Daejoon as he slowed his pace.

Daesun and Doyeon turn off the lights on their bow and magic stuff and get ready to attack anything they will see from the alley beside them. Daesun is in the front, getting ready with his arrow, Daejoon is in the middle to light the alley while Doyeon presses his back against Daejoon to watch their back - who knows whatever is that following them from behind. Daesun carefully listens to the steps... it's not something heavy and he can guess it might be some creature with two legs... and from the steps, there might be only three of them.

"Let's surprise them. Follow my counting... one... two... three!"

The three of them appear from the alley and point out their weapons, while the three creatures that were in Daesun's mind are actually...

"Myungwoo?" asked Doyeon, "and..."

"Gam Hyunki! I'm so happy to see all of you again!" said Hyunki, he put his sword down, "Daesun hyeong, Daejoon hyeong and..."

"Jung Doyeon, I'm the new Earth Guardian," said Doyeon, feeling relieved he doesn't need to fight anything.

"Are you guys okay?" asked Myungwoo, "well you guys don't look okay."

"And your shirt is gone, Myungwoo? Or you just want to show off?" asked Daesun while giggling.

"This is not a time to show off, even it's dangerous if I need to fight a fire element creature."

"Excuse me," said Sikyung, the only woman in their group, "so far the prophecy is correct."

"So what's next? Does anyone see a prophecy?" asked Daejoon, confused.

"Yes. Apparently, Moonhye has seen several prophecies which are all bad. The only good one is... three people should get into this hall," Sikyung pointed to the hall in front of them, "one person should die while they are fighting against each other."

"What? Die?" asked Daesun, "but why do you say it so lightly?"

"Because we have the elixir of life. Whoever that dies, we can just revive them. Then next, it means after three people get into the hall, there will be an opening on the left side of the hall so the rest three of us can pass through. We'll find the exit."

"Do you guys think someone already found another exit so if we get out from that exit, the maze will end? If we can do that quickly then that person doesn't need to die?" asked Doyeon.

"We can try. The faster we can find the exit, the better it is. So Myungwoo oppa, have you chosen who will go into the hall?"

"Why don't all of us get into the hall?" asked Doyeon.

"Then it means we need to kill 3 people. It's better if we only sacrifice one person."

"Alright. Let me think... we can't trust prophecy one hundred percent, who knows there is something awaited for the group who will go to the exit?" Myungwoo asked while thinking hard.

"That's right. This maze has a lot of tricks."

"Me, Hyunki and Daejoon will get into the hall. Daesun, Sikyung and Doyeon hyeong, you guys proceed to the exit."

"Let's do it quickly and meet again soon."

Sikyung hands the elixir of life to Myungwoo's hand.

"Stay safe, Sikyung."