Chapter 7 [4/4]

Minjoon, Hyunki, Joochan and Eunkyung are walking around nervously. They keep their eye on their friends who are still sleeping.

"They are late," said Minjoon worriedly, "they should've come back here and changed shifts with us an hour ago."

"Do you think something happened to them?" asked Hyunki, who didn't rest for a moment since the morning.

"Where is Daejoon? Shouldn't he be here as a guard?" asked Joochan.

"Daejoon hyeong is guarding Sunsook, that evil guardian, somewhere in the mirror world."

"I hate to wait like this... I hope they are all okay," said Eunkyung while biting her nails nervously.

As Eunkyung finished her words, she screamed because Myungwoo just awakened along with loud groans.

"Myungwoo hyeong!" screamed Hyunki, quickly kneeling beside the sofa.

"Listen to me. We are in trouble. We should find a way out of a maze now. I can't debrief too much but there are many tricks in the maze," said Myungwoo in one long breath, "you can't change shifts with people in this world if you can't find the 'save spot' and I accidentally found it."

Joochan quickly kneeling beside Hyunki and put his hands on Myungwoo's wounded leg, "who can injured you like this..."

"It's okay, I'll guard here anyway. Minjoon, Hyunki, Joochan, three of you need to resume my journey. And don't get hurt," said Myungwoo while giving them his backpack, "the potions and I guess my mirror will be there now."

"Daejoon hyeong might can't join in our night shift, he is guarding the evil guardian," said Minjoon while hug the backpack.

"Then I hope Bonhwa and Daesun will be okay. Go now."

The three of them find a comfortable spot to sleep on. Now only Eunkyung and Myungwoo left. Myungwoo's leg is completely healed.

"Isn't it scary for you, noona?" asked Myungwoo.

"Well... it's unexpectedly not too scary," said Eunkyung while looking at the sleeping people, "I don't know much about it but... I feel excited that I can do something for this world, even if they don't know that I give a contribution for that."

"You're really brave noona. I'm so proud of you,"

"I'll do things that make you feel more proud of me, Myungwoo."

Hey but it won't happen, thought Minsook, as long as me, Minseong and Eunkyung noona aren't in one frame, that prophecy won't happen. Minsook is raising his staff towards hungry zombies in front of him, then casts a spell. His spell caused a ray from sky then it hit towards them. The zombies got burned by the ray. Minseong, jumping around the big hall, is having fun killing the zombies with his axe.

"Hyeong, what's that?" asked Minseong while pointing at a small pond in the corner after he killed the last zombie.

"I don't know, let's check on it."

Both of them are walking to the small pond which is shining. Minseong is about to touch it, but Minsook is holding his arm.

"No, let me check. It could be something bad."

Using his staff, Minsook touches the small pond, which is just enough for one person to stand in. The pond is reacting: it shines brighter for a while before it turns to its original form.

"Maybe this is the 'save spot' which is mentioned by the sphinx," said Minsook, "it looks fine and not dangerous."

"Hyeong, it means you can go now," said Minseong, "go and change shifts with Eunkyung noona. I'll wait here. You know, even though zombies might appear again, I'll do fine if you're being quick."