𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Comenzar desde el principio

Irina runs over to me and gives me a big squeeze. "Happy birthday, my dear. Did you have a good rest?"

"Yes, I did. Thank you."

"Excellent. You get to meet all of Dominic's cousins today. They all flew in just for you. They'll all be here for the wedding so those you haven't met already you'll be able to meet today."

An overwhelming wave just came rushing over me. Things are finally starting to feel real.

"Great." I force a smile. I hate being social.

Irina quickly scurries to the kitchen and it gives me a chance to look around our home which she decorated beautifully. 

The place was filled with pastel pink, yellow, and white balloons with white roses by the entrance.

As I walked along the mansion, I noticed even more details like a backdrop to take photos a cake stand and the most amazing table set up I've seen.

As my eyes scanned the table it seemed to be more pretty, more lavish, and more elegant. I smile when I see my cake placed nicely with cute 25-number candles.

"Like it?" I hear a deep voice say from behind me.

A smile up when I see it is Ares. "Yes. It's beautiful."

He nods. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you."

Ares and I spent a few minutes talking about books once I found out he was a reader until Luca joined in on our conversation and changed the subject to favourite snacks.

Typical Luca.

Soon, all Dominic's aunts and uncles arrive along with his cousins so I make my way to the door to greet them all.

After minutes of conversation and birthday wishes, we finally make our way to the table to eat.

It's supposed to be my birthday. I'm supposed to feel happy. But right now I can't stop thinking about the message I received this morning.

- Green eyes.

Green eyes. Green eyes. Green eyes. Green eyes. Green eyes.

It keeps ringing in my ear. And I don't even know his actual name. I can't even tell Dominic. I have to protect my new family. This is too much.

"Hey? You okay?" A sweet voice asks from my left.

I turn to see Dominic's older cousin Melisa looking right at me with a small smile.

I nod. "Uh. Yes. I'm good."

"Sure? You look deep in thought..."

I look around the room and notice everyone in their own little chatter and then turn back to her.
"I have a question."

She nods quickly. "Sure. What's up?"

"I'm marrying into this family but I haven't been exactly told why some of the media hate this family. You know why?"

Melisa furrows her brows and does the same thing I did a second ago, scanning the room.
She lowers her voice and leans close to me.

"Sure. I don't know if it's exactly true because I was a little child when my father was on the phone talking about this. And you know at the time, it was grown-up business. But, I heard my grandfather was Spanish and he married a Russian meaning our mafias technically should be together but apparently something happened..."

My eyes widen. This makes sense...

"Continue." I urge her on.

"Right. Apparently, someone in our family, which many believe is my uncle, Dominic's father, who hired someone to kill his grandfather so they weren't associated with any other mafia. This happened and now we're the number one mafia but the Spanish mafia aren't having it. It's been ongoing. So when Dominic became Leader it gave a second chance after Landon to ruin our mafia again."

Fuck. This is a big problem.

I clench my teeth.

"You okay?" Melisa asks looking so confused.

"Yeah. I think-" My quiet voice is cut off by loud gunshots ringing in the room.

No. No. NO!

He's here.

Green eyes.