|23|

┌──❀̥˚──◌───────────────❀̥˚─┐

"Are you alright?"

As the echoes of gunshots faded, Y/n recognized a man's voice speaking to her in Korean, asking if she was alright. With cautious curiosity, she opened her eyes to find Henry Choi standing before her. They're not dead because of him. He saved her and John.

"H-Henry.. it's you."

She muttered his name in recognition, grateful for his timely intervention. Her gaze shifted to the fallen body of their would-be assailant, dead judging by the wound in his head. Relief washed over her, a silent acknowledgment of his timely arrival

Thank God, he arrived..

Just as Y/n mustered her gratitude, John's pained groan pierced the air, reminding her of the grim reality of their situation.

"Fuck, I thought we're dead." John groaned.

Setting him down gently against the wall, Y/n told him, "We are if Henry arrived a little later,"

Meeting Henry's gaze, Y/n expressed her thanks with a heartfelt smile, a silent acknowledgment of his heroism. Henry's smirk in response conveyed his understanding.

"Y/n!"

Their moment of respite shattered as Thomas's urgent voice rang out, cutting through the air.

"Tommy.." She sighed his name in relief.

Thank God, he's safe.

Thomas surveyed the scene before him, taking in the sight of John, weakened and leaning against the wall. Y/n stood by his side, providing support as he struggled to remain upright. Across from them stood Henry, his revolver in hand, his expression unreadable amidst the chaos. At his feet lay the lifeless body of their assailant.

"Tommy, we need to get John home right away to treat him," Y/n insisted urgently to him.

Thomas nodded in acknowledgment before Arthur appeared, beckoning to Tommy while dragging Inspector Campbell, who was cuffed and groaning from the pain in his knee, the one Thomas had shot earlier.

"Let go of me this instant, you scum!" The inspector yelled despite getting weaker from the pain.

Arthur turned back, a smirk dancing on his lips as he remarked, "Must feel good, eh? Cuffed by the very restraints you'd use on the likes of us."

John chimed in with a chuckle, "Never thought I'd see the day." His laughter was cut short by a groan of pain, prompting a scolding from Y/n to cease his movements.

Arthur reassured them, "All's clear. We'll take care of the bodies, Tommy."

Thomas nodded in satisfaction and then asserted, "I'll deal with.. Inspector." Arthur nodded in agreement, a smirk playing on his lips as Campbell seemed to struggle more from his words.