|³ sᴄᴀʀs ᴏғ ᴡᴀʀ|

┌──

┌──.𖥔 ݁ 🪐˖──◌─────────────☆˚─┐

It had been a few days since Finn's injury, and amidst the rhythm of daily life in the Shelby household, Y/n had settled into a routine. She now resided in a modest flat nearby that the Shelby's provided for her, her days spent tending to Finn's healing ankle.

"I really need to get a job while I'm here. I wonder if there's a nearby hospital I can apply to." She muttered to herself as she walked the now familiar streets of Small Heath on her way to the Shelby's residence. Her thoughts were preoccupied.

Is this how I'll live my life if I don't find a way to go back to the present? The uncertainty of returning to the present weighed heavily on her, a thought that clouds the corners of her mind. She yearned for answers, a glimmer of hope that she might find her way back, but how? She has no ounce of clue. If only I accepted Irene's suggestion to stay the night at her place, maybe this go-back-in-time ordeal won't happen.

And then there was Polly Gray, the brothers' aunt, a presence that had initially intimidated her. The memory of their first encounter still etched in her mind.

With a tentative knock, the door creaked open, revealing the stern face of an older woman. Her gaze was sharp and calculating as she took in the sight of Y/n, who just blinked at sight before her.

"You must be the doctor they mentioned." Polly's voice was as commanding as her presence. Y/n, though somewhat intimidated, managed to nod and find her voice.

"Yes, ma'am. My name is Y/n. I've been tending to Finn's injury."

Polly's scrutinizing gaze lingered on Y/n for a moment before she finally nodded in acknowledgment.

"Come in, then. You'll find Finn in the sitting room."

As days passed, she had grown accustomed to the woman's intimidating demeanor. She's the matriarch of the family, so it's only natural that she can be intimidating. She reminds Y/n of her late mother when she catches Y/n messing around. She smiled at the fact that the Shelby house had become a part of her daily life, and Polly's motherly behavior had slowly revealed itself beneath the stern exterior.

"Dr. Lee, you should stay for dinner." Polly said, startling Y/n, who started to doze off after helping Finn take a bath and helping him change.

"O-oh, it's alright, I still've some left leftover from lunch, and I don't want to intrude." Y/n smiled at her politely. Honestly, she just doesn't want to see more of Tommy than she does. This is the first time that she was invited by Polly personally.