|⁷ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴅᴏᴄᴛᴏʀ|

┌──❀̥˚──◌───────────────❀̥˚─┐

The sun began to cast its gentle glow over Small Heath as the following morning arrived, signaling the start of a new day for Y/n. She stood before the mirror, a mix of determination and uncertainty reflected in her eyes. Today was the day she was to meet with Tommy Shelby to discuss the prospect of working as his secretary and family doctor.

What am I even doing with my life? She sighed as she hesitated for a moment, her thoughts a whirlwind of conflicting emotions, Y/n finally decided to give it a shot. It's not like anything can surprise her at this point. She's already in the past. What's crazier that can happen? Taking a deep breath, she chose her outfit from the clothes Tommy had generously provided her, her fingers smoothing over the fabric as she embraced the change in attire. Whatever happens, it happens, at least she'll look good.

The sound of a car engine pulled her attention to the window, and her heart skipped a beat when she saw John's familiar figure step out of the vehicle. Here goes nothing.

With a soft knock on the door, John entered the flat after hearing the small 'Come in', his eyes lighting up as they landed on Y/n who was taking her bag.

"Looking lovely, as always." John complimented, a playful grin tugging at his lips while holding a cigarette on his right hand.

Y/n tilted her head slightly as she offered a small smile in return. "Thank you, John."

With a grin of his own and a nod of reassurance, John motioned towards the door. "You ready to go?"

Y/n took one last look at herself in the mirror, a mixture of determination and nerves coursing through her veins. "As ready as I'll ever be."

Together, they made their way to the waiting car, the anticipation building with each passing moment. It feels like it was Y/n's first day at the hospital all over again.

The car pulled up in front of the Shelby house, and Y/n's heart raced. Calm down, Y/n. This isn't a movie where you'll get killed for associating yourself with the wrong people. She smirked at her own stupid thoughts, making John look at her with an amused smile.

"We're here. What are you laughing at?" He chuckled.

"Ah, nothing, I just remembered something." She blinked at him with a smile.

As she stepped out of the vehicle, John, by her side, she let John lead her towards the entrance of the house until they reached the living room. She found herself welcomed by the sight of the other Shelby family members gathered around the breakfast table.