|⁸ sᴛᴀʙʟᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴠᴇʀsᴀᴛɪᴏɴs|

┌──❀̥˚──◌───────────────❀̥˚─┐

Y/n and Tommy emerged from the office, their presence drawing the attention of the rest of the Shelby family gathered in the living room, Finn conspicuously absent.

Tommy's voice carried a note of finality as he announced, "Y/n has agreed to work for us."

Polly's gaze held a mixture of scrutiny and curiosity as she questioned Tommy further. "Did you tell her everything? By that I mean, everything. "

Y/n nodded at her with a slight smile, "He did, ma'am," She then turned towards the man at her side and deadpanned. "He even made sure I can't say no. He's really good at being persuasive." Tommy only shrugged at her response, making her almost roll her eyes.

Ada grinned at her before waving shyly, to which Y/n grinned back. At least the others aren't as bad as Tommy. Surely, working for them won't be so bad. The exchange didn't go unnoticed by the others, but they never commented about it. They know that the two have been hanging out a lot.

"Cut out the 'ma'am' business, will you? Polly works just fine. I'm not a schoolteacher." Polly said, shaking her head as if Y/n's words were about to give her a headache. Arthur chuckled.

Y/n nodded shyly, "Of course.. Polly."

She is still a little bit intimidated around the matriach, but Polly's starting to remind her of her strict but sweet aunt back in Korea.

As the tension lifted, Arthur chimed in with his characteristic humor. "Well, now that Y/n's practically a part of the family, maybe she should consider marrying one of us, eh?" He smirked. Y/n covered her mouth to keep herself from cackling, Tommy only shook his head beside her.

John's laughter joined in as he added his own playful remark. "I'm up for the task. I volunteer."

Ada playfully hit her brother, who only grinned at her before saying. "Y/n will marry a fine young man who has manners. Not the three of you who act like you've been fed bullets soaked in booze as babies."

Y/n couldn't help but laugh at her words. If that's not the truth, I don't know what is. Despite the seriousness of their situation, it's admirable that they still manage to find something to laugh about. They actually are just your typical siblings teasing each other. It's cute. The room was filled with chuckles and teasing, but the atmosphere shifted as Tommy cleared his throat, his gaze meeting Y/n's.

"I'll show Dr. Lee around." Tommy's voice held a note of finality as he excused himself and Y/n, suggesting that he would show her around the surroundings. Y/n gave a look of confusion. Her protest was swift, her voice laced with skepticism. "No, you—"