The first week of classes went so quick I almost couldn't comprehend it. The next thing I knew it was Saturday and I was walking to The Three Broomsticks with Riley and Luna. As it turns out Padma couldn't join us for some vague reason. I assume it has to do with her recent time spent with a certain Ravenclaw prefect, but what would I know?

"What are you thinking about Ev?" "Padma and Anthony." Luna turned her head from whatever she was looking at and said, "They are quite cute." Riley eyed me, "Are you sure?" I nodded looking ahead. I noticed the blonde and his friends laughing. I wonder what he was thinking about. I doubt he would tell me. Luna and Riley were talking about something when they suddenly stopped and Riley asked with a smirk, "What are you thinking about now?" I brushed her off and continued on that path.

I noticed Malfoy and his posse walk into the Three Broomsticks. I really didn't want to deal with him right now so I said, "I'm headed to the bookstore, I'll meet you guys in there yeah?" They nodded towards me and walked into the pub. I walked into the bookstore hoping to find The Dream Oracle, considering Malfoy grabbed the last one at the library. I went into the Divination section and found it right away. At least I got it new. I was headed to check out when I heard someone behind me and they said, "Potter!" I nearly jumped out of my skin.

I turned around to see Malfoy. "Don't you have anyone else to bother?" "I don't actually." I headed to buy my book when he stopped in front of me. I tried to get around him but he kept moving. "I see you're buying The Dream Oracle. You know it's a pity I would've loved sharing it with you." I raised my eyebrow at him. He smirked. I finally managed to slip by him and of course he went trailing after me. "How much is this?" I asked the store clerk. She glanced at Malfoy and I before she answered, "11 sickles." I got the money out of my bag and handed it to her. "May I have a bag too please?" She nodded and handed me the bag. I did not once forget the fact that Malfoy was watching over my shoulder.

He was wearing his black suit, which I must say he looked ok in. The black complimented his hair and made it seem brighter. "You're very polite," he commented. I stopped and stared at him. His eyes grew wide, "What?" I continued walking, "Where are you going?" "Wherever you're going," he smiled. I rolled my eyes and walked toward The Three Broomsticks. He followed. When we walked in, River got up and started walking towards me. He temporarily stopped when he saw Malfoy but continued.

River glared at Malfoy and said, "Hey Ev." Malfoy eyed him and said, "Bye Potter," with a smirk. I waved goodbye to him. It seemed like a foreign action. Looking back I can't even recall why I did it. "What were you doing with him?" "Hm?" We started walking to the table with Riley, Luna, and some of River's friends. "Malfoy, why were you with him?" "Oh. He was just bothering me again." His eyes stayed on me as I sat down and greeted the group. My eyes wandered to Malfoy's table and Riley said something I didn't get. "What?" She followed my eyes to him and said, "Did you get your book?" "Oh yeah, yes, I did."

Riley came back with a butterbeer for me and I thanked him. Cho joined us and we all greeted her. Everybody started talking about the new partner system Snape had on us. "You're complaining? I have McGlaggan! All he does is talk and talk," River complained. The whole table laughed. "Riley has Goyle," I snickered. "You're one to talk, Mrs. Malfoy." I cringed, "You're so hilarious Riley," I rolled my eyes. One of River's friends said, "You have Malfoy?" I nodded, sipping on my drink.

Everybody continued on with their own conversations but River's friend moved to sit across from me. "William Yarrow." "Everly Potter." "Oh, I know." I laughed. "Do you now?" William had dirty blonde hair, brown eyes, and a smile that could knock out a troll. "River kind of makes it hard not to know you." I laughed. "Are you guys talking about me?" "No," we said at the same time then laughed. "You're in Gryffindor right?" He nodded, "Please don't think any less of me, we all know you're not keen on Gryffindors." "What? I've never said that." Riley added, "Please Ev, don't lie."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Riley scoffed, "Wasn't it you that said last year, and I quote 'they're too good and too boring.'" I covered my face with my hands, then glanced at William, "At least the ones I've met, I'm wiser now." William laughed which caused me to laugh as well. Riley looked at me and I said, "What? You know I don't like boring people, the company I keep has to be interesting." William laughed at that, "Well I might be biased but I am far from boring." Riley eyed him, "What about good? We all know Evy fancies bad boys." "Merlin Riley I might have to Avada Kedavra you right here." William laughed.

Riley laughed as well, "We all know you had a crush on that Durmstrang boy, what was his name?" I might've killed her on the spot if there hadn't been so many witnesses. My face was as red as a tomato when I said, "I can't remember." Riley turned to William, "He was Igor Karagroff's assistant or something." "I hate you so much, Riley." "I can't speak for myself but I must agree with you on some level. Most Gryffindors are too good." That's when I caught Malfoy's eye. He was looking right at me with no shame. He immediately noticed me looking and smirked. I looked back at William who was laughing with Riley about something. "What?"

They started laughing even harder. "What?" Luna, River, and two of River's friends got up and River said, "We're headed back to Hogwarts, it's getting late." I looked at Riley who was still obnoxiously smiling, "Ok let's go I suppose." "But I haven't finished my drink." Riley tried to get me out of my seat, "Come on Evy we have to go to sleep at some point." "Ugh fine." I grabbed my bag and we headed out. As I was walking to the door I turned my head and my eyes caught Malfoy's. I quickly turned my head back and walked with my friends back to Hogwarts.