Chapter 5: The Strange Person

Chapter 5

There have been numerous amounts of dead livestock, they've been seen with either a few bite marks or being slashed from the gut, and their organs were taken. There are a few missing blood packs around the town as well, have been missing from the hospitals and blood banks. Jackson's dad, a police officer, has been trying to figure out who has been taking the blood, the liver, and the heart of the livestock. Jackson and Ezekiel are still devastated by the death of their best friend, Kira, it only has been two weeks. Sue-Ann has been trying to help Ezekiel with the grief, as well as trying to find clues for the weird killings that have been happening, they will be keeping a funeral service for Kira. Sue-Ann is the only one to believe in things like ghosts, demons, mermaids, and other realistic supernatural beings. But never dragons, fairies, gnomes, and unicorns. So she's thinking beyond the possible. The three of them are at school in the cafeteria, Jackson tells Ezekiel that his dad has been talking about people that have been seen around town that were not here before. One of the police officers followed one of the suspicious people into the woods, but he didn't follow any further because the person disappeared. He scaredly turned back, then got into his car and drove back to the station.

"Which part did he drive to?" Ezekiel interrogated

"Uh well, I- I am not sure.." Jackson said nervously and scratched his hand.

"Huh... You guys wanna investigate it?" Sue-Ann said outta curiosity, Ezekiel looked at her and nodded, Jackson got up from the bench and walked over to a garbage bin to throw away a juice box. He returns to the bench.

"I don't think I want to do that" he crossed his arms and spoke sternly.
Ezekiel and Sue-Ann look at him, using their expression to convince him to come. Jackson scoffs and chuckles.

"I'm not" Ezekiel raised his left eyebrow and came a little forward.

"Please Jackson we can't drive" Sue-Ann added. Jackson groaned and gave in to drive them.

"Great, ok tomorrow we meet up and will leave at 12." The bell rang and art class was next on Sue-Ann's agenda. Ezekiel had History, he kissed her on the forehead and told her later. She smiles and leaves too along with Jackson. Classes were over and eventually, school came to an end. Ezekiel waited on Sue-Ann outside her classroom. Once she came out he slid his hand over her shoulder and asked about her classes. They had a small cute conversation until Jacob arrived, everyone was excited for the weekend because after that they had a three-day break from school for the teachers to celebrate an event they had planned for themselves. The students of course were great with the circumstances given that they could have a party during that time. After that break, they will also have six weekly tests coming up a week along.
Jacob stepped out the door to outside and saw his sister giggling with her new "friend", Ezekiel, it was clear to him that they liked each other very much. He doesn't want to say anything about it but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Ezekiel saw him and shied away from Sue-Ann so did her to him.

" The bus arrived, I gotta go, bye" She blows him a kiss and they both smile, Jacob looks towards the bus trying to ignore what she did, after they get up Jacob starts walking towards the bus. Ezekiel walks her to the door of the bus, "I'll text you when I get home." She entered the bus and Ezekiel waved goodbye. He started walking to his home before the bus drove off. The bus passes him on the way home and Sue-Ann waves again to him, he smiles and turns the corner. 

Saturday- 7:00 am

"Good morning Mother and Father" she smiles, as she sits next to her mother who is drinking tea and speaking with Sue-Ann's father.

"Mom, my friends are asking me to join them to eat at a local fast food restaurant preferably Starbucks and  McDonald's. Can I go?.." she made a big fake smile afterward.