___

I watch Lucifer's arm rear back, but I don't feel anything when the blow lands on me. Watching the Creator execute my brother drained all of the senses out of me. I close my eyes, all I can see is Briar. She is the only thing I have left to live for.

"Just tell me where she is, Sebastian!" spit flies from Lucifer's mouth as he demands to know where Lilith is. I couldn't tell him where she was without putting Briar in danger, so I don't say anything. I look at him from my right eye, my left is swollen shut, my blood stains his knuckles.

I spit blood out at his feet. I take another blow to my jaw and my head turns with the violence, still I turn back to look him in the eye, gritting my teeth. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of begging him to stop. He hits me again and the world goes black around me.

___

I tell Nick I'm going to make it an early night and climb into bed without bothering to change my clothes. I didn't know if this was going to work, but it was all I had and I was going to give it everything.

I fall asleep instantly, the whiskey helping me to the Grey. I walk and walk and walk, all the way back to the back corner where Lilith is still walled up in my mind. Where she would stay as long as I was alive. I climb to the top of the box and I pull out one of the bricks. Lilith is red with anger as she tries to reach up and pull me into the box.

"How do I contact Cassiel?" I demand from her, I would figure it out on my own if I couldn't get her to help me.

"I'm not telling you anything, you bitch!" she spits at me.

"No- Sebastian is in trouble, he's my only hope. If you love him tell me how to get to Cassiel," I plead with her, I doubt she truly loved him but I needed her help.

"I'm not going to help you do anything! The worst trouble he can get into is being sent to the Abyss, I will just join him there when you die human," I can barely see the beginning of a smirk in the dark box.

"Tell me how to get to Cassiel," I demand again.

"No."

I channel the same thoughts that I used to build the box around her and water falls from the sky into the box. Lilith shrieks as the water starts to fill up the space she's trapped in. Once the water fills to her knees I ask her again, "Tell me how to get to Cassiel."

"Fuck off!" she seethes, the water continues to fill. It's the first time I've seen her look anything but perfect. Her eyeliner is smeared under her eyes and her hair is plastered to her hair.

"Tell me, Lilith," I call to her again when the water has reached her waist.

"I will never help you," she spits, water seeping into her mouth as she speaks.

I let it continue to fill, over her stomach, up to her chest, all the way up to her neck. I watch her stretch to avoid her head going under.

"This is your last chance," I tell her, "but know I won't kill you here, not with the chance you will join him in the Abyss. I will just keep drowning you over and over and over until it drives you mad."

"You are supposed to be the light to his dark!" She sputters at me around the water.

"I'm trying to save him, help me save him," I plead, tears streaming down my face.

___

It's times like these when I wish I could die. Lucifer punches me again, I've lost count of how many times he's hit me. I keep healing, and he keeps tearing me apart. There is no end to the cycle.