Chapter XVII - Uncanny aurora.

Start from the beginning

'What if I changed my routine?'

But again, there was no use changing anything when nothing was changing for me. I still had a faux father, an unavailable sibling and no friends.

"Madam, madam..." The driver called out softly.

My thoughts came to a close, as I looked around and noticed we were already in the school compound. With how rowdy the school compound was, I concluded that assembly was over and everyone was making their way to class.

Taking a deep breath, I straightened my already straight skirt and came down from the car.

Already late, getting undue attention, I decided to attend classes and not just wander off to the library. It was already even late for that.

I walked over to my class block. On the railings, some of my classmates hung around waiting for the first class, some took note of me, others did not. The look of disgust and contempt was evident on the faces of those who actually noticed me.

With my face down and my ears temporarily blocked, I walked over to my seat.

Marcho, my seatmate, was actually seated today in his normal position. Maybe he always was there and I didn't notice. Today was an unusual day.

I decided to start a conversation as I sat beside him. "Hey, Mr Marcho," I smiled and waved at him.

"Hi, Miss Clara," he replied with a smirk. "How are you doing today?"

"Shift joor, I'm not in a good mood." I stated, laying emphasis on the last word.

His eyes left his iPhone. "When are you ever in a good mood?" He questioned.

"I don't know. Like you even care if I am or not sef," I sighed, and laid my head on my desk.

I felt his strong stare on my back for a while.

"Most times, people try to avoid people that have the same flaws as them..."

My head went up immediately in response to his strange talk. I was about to question him but his eyes were back on his phone, everyone was also shuffling round the class to their seats as the teacher was around.

I made a mental note to talk to him later as I brought out my notebook - not to actually focus in class but to jot down my thoughts.

Boring classes with more boring teachers went by, my eyes were almost closing shut, quite weird as I slept well past my normal time.

It was time for break and finally, I decided to go to the library.

Marcho already ran out immediately the time keeper, whatever his name was, rang the bell. I stuffed my notebook in my bag and decided to head out to the cafeteria first to get some snacks as I was starving.
On second thought, I'll send a junior, I couldn't bear unnecessary attention now.

As I was about to get up, someone rushed into our class with so much energy that it shocked me. Our class door was wide enough to accommodate even fat Augusta so I wondered what made Isabella blind as she hit the door, making it yell in reply with a loud bang.
I immediately sat back down. It's better to watch others than to go ahead and wallow in my pitiful life.

Annie tried to approach her, but she shook her head in refusal. Like the coward that she was, she backed off and watched her bestie rage like a mad lion towards who - Anndora?

"Who do you think you are? Are you stupid?" Isabella thundered as she dragged a surprised Anndora out of her seat.

Today was actually an unusual day, who knew Isabella had anger issues? I wish I had popcorn right now. Good to know very happy people have issues too.

Anndora shoved her hands away from her, "Oh, oh, I know what this is about. It's not my fault that you were dumped, HE found someone better and left t-r-a-s-h, trash!" she retorted, her face scrunched up in anger.

Isabella stared right back in disbelief, her chest heaving. "Who is trash? Repeat that again if you have the liver!" she roared.

"You are trash, a pitiful loner who seems to love where she is not needed!"
No sooner had the last word dropped from Anndora's mouth then we heard a loud slap.

Very unusual of me to be so interested in drama that was none of my concern but this was too out of the blue.
What guy are they talking about?

I was drawn out of my thoughts as the class became rowdy and noisy as the two girls started throwing fists, pulling each other's hair and clothes on the dusty tiled floor.
Everybody seemed excited, the excitement evident in their eager chatters and hypes, phones were coming out of hidden places to record but I was a bit worried.

Annie tried to hold Isabella back but it was a very surprising situation.
Involuntarily, my hand went to my mouth as she had Anndora in a chokehold, her left hand on Ann's throat as she dealt her blows with her clenched fists. Her eyes were very red and she seemed like a very different person. The shock on Annie's face was both funny and amusing to behold

Finally some guys came from B class to separate them. With their buttons off and hair scattered, they both got a hold of themselves. Anndora seemed more at the receiving end even though I expected otherwise. Annie dragged Isabella out of the class to God knows where.

Fed up with the whole drama, I decided it was time to visit my safe place.
Break was already over, students, especially juniors, were running out of the cafeteria. There was no use going in there, I was just going to starve.

Immediately I got into the library, I greeted the librarian, Mr Eke, who was seated at his normal spot just by the right side of the door, as he stared at me with suspicious eyes.

"Clara! You are here again, hope you don't have any classes now?" he questioned.

The eyeglass seated on his nose bridge made me stifle a laugh. "Yes sir. I need to cover up some class work."

"Alright then," he nodded and bent his head down to either read or sleep.

With my 'Americana' in my hand, I headed to the farthest part of the library, my usual location but I met an unwelcome visitor there.

The look on his face showed that he had been expecting me.

What on earth was he looking for here?

Today really was an unusual day.

*****************************
*Giggles in mischief*
Who knew Isabella could fight? The reason I didn't do an aesthetic is to be able to reveal their different sides without expectancy. Caught you unawares innit?
Anyway, drop your comments on this chapter. Would you like to see the fight in another POV?
Guess who Clara saw too...
Please vote, click that star sign,
Amen? Amen.

With love,
Férànmi.❤️

Adept in PerilOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara