flower in The Middle Of The desert

Start from the beginning

Slowly understanding things, I let her down to walk again. As I feel the sand getting heavier, I try my best to let this nightmare fade away. And as the memories begin to get heavier to embrace, she looks at one of them and starts to smile and point. "Mister, this one feels a bit fuzzy, why? And it's happy too, but at the same time, I don't know."

I didn't reply because this one I've already seen. It's with this man that she was, her signature on one of the papers and probably something serious to feel fuzzy and all of that. I don't want to think about it, but as I know, understanding her best is more painful than we can expect. From one second to the other, Mia's age, we came to change like the clock. She gets bigger, more understandable. I didn't get her true age. As we walk even faster, she suddenly, in a playful way, pulls out a pawn similar to me.

I was so speechless, wondering why she has or why she chose it from the beginning. "So, little girl, this pawn in your hand, where did you get it?" She looks at me with a full smile, walking with me, reciting me, and I feel like that desert is getting longer and longer. Playing with my head makes my head hurt. "I don't know, I just found it in my pocket. But, to be honest, how much more do we have to walk? Because I don't remember how much we've walked. Weeks, months? I don't know. It feels like an endless place."

As I see the hope fading from her eyes slowly, it's not good. It means if we just stay in this place more, her soul will eventually be banished, absorbed by the artifact that has been working further. Her palms getting wet make me question what I remember about this incident when we fought the monster. She had the same thing when she got nervous, her palms getting wet from nervousness. Is she afraid now? My mind was wondering, but I stopped thinking and wanted to know the reason for these pawns.

"Little girl, can you please give me your pawn? I'm just wondering about it." She slowly puts it in my hand, and I look at it carefully. It has all the color scheme of my real shape, not the fake one. Something makes me more curious. I put it in my pocket as a safety place, and we begin to walk. Just as I think we're finishing this place, suddenly, a big wall separates the beginning from this place. I put my hand on it; it's not anything special, but it is magical. Probably, I can feel it. As I look around this big wall, and it seems like something's missing. But when I glimpse at Mia to see what she's doing, her eyes are horrified, scared of something.

She steps back from this wall, and I look at her, full of questions. Does this mean anything to her? "Please don't go close to this place; it's dangerous. It's not good. Please don't let me go through it. I don't want to go through it again." At first, I didn't understand, but as I observe her unfocused look, she seems in another dream, another place not with me. It's probably some kind of destination where she experienced something dangerous. She rummages, trying to find something from her clothes, but finds nothing. She gets more scared and stumbles, falling down. I approach slowly, placing my hand over her eyes as I whisper softly to reduce the noise, "Mia, what do you see?"

As I feel her shiver and see tears falling down, she struggles to form a single coherent sentence. "I can't trust anyone. Everyone betrayed me. Everyone needs to go away. No one deserves my trust." At this point, my heart sinks as if she experienced a nightmare she doesn't want to return to. I may never understand, and if I did, it would ache so much more to see her wounds.

I'll train her, even if her irresponsible mother doesn't want me to. I don't care; no human deserves this much suffering. So, softly trying to make things calmer, I remind her, "Some people are bad, some people are good. But I have to make your heart stronger; you can't feel like this."

Slowly, she begins to breathe in and out, and all her stressful moments dissipate, shattering on the ground. At this point, I look back and see all those green hills that I saw before, or were they just a memory? All the sand and desert vanish, replaced by an eternal coat of flowers blooming around this place. The sky never turns blue; some scattered memories linger. As I observe them, she finishes and suddenly passes out. I let her head rest on the ground gently.

I place my hand on my head, feeling more pain, not from her, but from this environment. It's painful, uncomfortable, altering time and place in so many ways. This place is torturous. I don't know how she created this place; I just think, and it changes. But for now, she's passing out. I'll take this opportunity to investigate this place. I notice the wall hasn't disappeared, no big surprise there, and it doesn't need a price. But does it have any type of doors or openings?

I grab a rock and make a mark on the wall, walking with my hand on it, searching for a single place, an entrance or exit. It's a long walk, and I'm not sure how long it's taken, but I end up where I marked originally. It means the wall forms a circle around a certain place, probably the entrance and exit. Something interesting catches my eye—the wall goes up, but downward, I spot a tiny door, not even a mouse could enter it.

Frustrated, I hit the wall, trying to analyze the agility and strength needed. I ponder other possibilities, and glancing at my other hand, I see my pawn that looks like Mia. It hurts me, but I need her to wake up; we need the pawns to go through the small door, as if it's a small illusion leading us to the right place. A clever strategy until she wakes up. I begin fixing my hair; I love this place so much with it that I can't ruin it. It's okay; she was just a small girl. I won't punish her.