flower in The Middle Of The desert

As I look at her new form, she's so gentle and diligent. I even a bit hesitant of the idea of saying anything harsh to her. As I am looking back at the place I came from, it was a harsh desert. I don't think she would even accept going with me, but I will try my best. Suddenly, she gets so energetic and starts circling around me like I'm the center point, playing with my hair. "Mister, your hair is so beautiful! I wish I had hair like yours. Then I could become taller, stronger, and be like my mother."

She's still playing with my hair, her pure heart unchanged even when she became an adult. Whenever she gets the chance to play with my hair, she will. I chuckle softly, wondering if I can shield her from this trouble. "So, do you like to explore with me in this direction? It looks interesting," I point towards the deserts, the starting point. But she looks disinterested, leaving my hair and sitting in front of me, her eyes squinting. I want to laugh at her face but refrain, not wanting to hurt her feelings as she's still a small child.

I try not to show her anything. I don't know how much I can handle. "Mister, you have to know, the place you're pointing at is dangerous. All my friends around me tell me that going back is dangerous, so I always move forward. It's more fun and beautiful. You can see all the trees. But there, it's just not that beautiful. It's ugly and dusty."

Hearing this, my heart just doesn't accept that she becomes a toy to those small creatures. Yes, they are harmless, but at the same time, they can wipe memories, they can make things go like painless death.

I can make some magical tricks to let her feel more interested, and as I expect, she starts hopping up and down when I make them magical butterflies. She begins to fall with them as she goes around them and suddenly disappears. At this point, I smile and look at her. "Do you know that the butterflies that I make, no one can make them besides me? So, if you want to go with me with these little butterflies, you can follow me. I want to explore this huge place you've explored all."

She nods softly, her cheeks sore from running. I slowly get up from my place and let my hand free. She looks at it slowly and maturely, seeing the hesitation in her eyes. But in the end, she holds my hand, and we begin to walk in the desert, the memories just scattered in the sky.

The sky was gray, not even beautiful. It's just filled with everything unpleasant, not allowing those innocent souls to return. When she was looking at some of the memories and pointing at one of them, the memories were about a meal, not that young but older than this version, having some type of fun day with her mother. I think because the woman with her looks exactly like her mother. "Mister, this person, why do they look so happy? I want to be happy too."

I bite my lips as I hear this negativity from her young self. A child shouldn't have such thoughts. I don't want her to see any more of these memories, but I will explain what she saw anyway. "It's your future self just playing with your mother. You know your mother loves you so much."

She cheers up a little bit, but I can't deny the sadness in her eyes. She is like an open book that everyone can read clearly, but people, like humans, love to ignore. As she begins to get tired from walking, I hold her in my arms and start walking with her. She rests her head on my shoulder as she begins to cry. I know what I should do. I just slowly walk away, making sure that she will return safely from this place. "Mister, why do I remember so many bad things now? It just feels so bad. Why does it feel like this... I don't understand."

I stop for a moment, letting her back, just letting the overwhelming feeling in her memories slow down. I try to cover her eyes, but nothing works as she just wants to see more and more. The more she sees, the more pain she receives, as only things are getting worse. So, because I don't want her to get more overwhelmed, I look at her with as soft a smile as possible. "Little girl, let's explore this place slowly. But you know, if we go too fast, we can trip and hurt ourselves."