twelve

Getting ready for Tom's friends to come has to be up there on Analise's scale of stress

Getting ready for Tom's friends to come has to be up there on Analise's scale of stress. The last time she felt stress like this was when she was doing her final piece for her course. She instructs him on what to do with the pasta bake while she begins to make the desserts. Making trifle is not very hard but it's just time consuming.

Neither of them have brought up the kiss on the staircase nor his calling her 'love' or 'Annie'; one of which is very out of place for him to say. He's never addressed her by her name before yet he called her Annie, a name she's not ever been called before.

"None of your friends have allergies, do they?" Analise asks him, placing fhe jelly in the freezer to harden it quicker. "This is going to turn into a complete disaster if they have any allergies."

"Don't worry, they don't have any allergies," Tom calms her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder to keep her mellow. "You're honestly thinking too much on this. They're not the type of people to complain so stop stressing."

The pasta bake needs to be put in the oven when the guests come so it's hot by the time they go to eat it, the jelly needs to freeze so the trifle can be made; she hasn't even thought about making the Oreo trifle. She gets started on making the tiramisu which is easier said the done.

While she bakes, Tom goes around to clean. From the kitchen, Analise can see him spraying Cotton Clean scented Febreze around the living room and across the hallway. After she's done with Tiramisu, she wants to get changed out of her current clothes into a new set of clothes because she doesn't want the smell of cooking lingering around her.

Tom walks into his bedroom just as she's sat on the floor in front of the floor length mirror, doing her makeup. She looks up at him through the mirror, giving him a small smile, mainly because he took all her clothes out of her carry-on bag and hung it in the closet next to his clothes as well as placing all her skincare items in the bathroom cabinet and her makeup products in the drawers by the mirror. He didn't have to do that but he did and it made her feel more at home than anything.

"How do I look?" she asks him and it's not even to get a compliment out of him. She just wanted to make sure she wasn't too dressed up. "I need to do my lashes and my lips then I'm done."

"You look beautiful, Annie," he compliments her and there it is, his nickname for her. "They're just coming up the lift now. They're going to have a lot of questions about us. We'll just make do with it when it comes."

Not even a second later, the front bell goes off. Analise scrambles to put mascara on and do her lip combo as she hears Tom greet his three friends. She quickly sends a message to her own girlfriends to let them know about the impromptu dinner with famous people before exiting his room and joining her boyfriend in the living room. All three of his friends are sat around the coffee table on the floor.

"You must be Analise?" The woman, whom Analise assumes has to be Rachel, because Hunter has blonde hair and is sat next to Tom. "Hi, it's so nice to meet you."