nine

Tom messages Analise on her Instagram the moment she gets home, asking why her number wasn't working

Tom messages Analise on her Instagram the moment she gets home, asking why her number wasn't working. She found it hilarious that he had tried to call her already and it had only been an hour since she left him at the airport. She replies back with her American number. He doesn't call her. She doesn't think too much on it. She was more thinking about the kiss they shared in the car park. Why? Why had he kissed her?

   "Mama! We're home!" Analise's voice carries throughout the whole house which is soon followed by scattering of feet. She braces herself for impact and before she can even take another breath, numerous arms are engulfing her in hugs. "Okay, I get it, you guys missed me. Let me go before you guys suffocate me to death."

   "Oh, Lisa, it's so good to see you and have you back at home with us," her mother, Yoona, coos, clutching onto her daughter's arm tightly. She places her hands on Analise's cheeks and plants two soft kisses on her cheeks. "Let's get you freshened up and get lunch going."

The house she once lived in has not changed in all the years she has been away. The four bedroom house is in a suburban area of Washington Heights. She has lived in this house all her life along with her mum and four older brothers; Felix, Lucas, Zade and Elijah.

   They were good older brothers. They each had a two year gap with each other but with Analise, Elijah, the youngest, had a five year gap. Their parents kept trying for a daughter but every time their mother came to term with a girl, she would miscarry. That had happened four times and after that, they stopped trying to have any more kids. Analise being adopted was a miracle on both ends.

   Felix takes both of Analise's suitcases upstairs while she takes in her surroundings. Nothing has changed. There's a small entryway which has a door leading to the main reception room. A large kitchen is straight ahead from the front door. The staircase to the first and second floor is to the right.

   Felix and Elijah shared a room and Lucas and Zade shared another but now that Felix and Lucas are both married, they don't live at their family house anymore. They have their own houses in Queens.

   It doesn't take long for Analise to freshen herself up. She has a shower then gets into a comfortable pair of sweatpants and its matching hoodie. She heads downstairs to help her family with lunch but the table has already been set. Felix's wife, Jules, and Lucas' husband, Nikolai, are also in the kitchen, running around to trying to make everything look perfect.

"Mama, did you know our baby Lisa has a boyfriend?" Zade chimes in, wrapping an arm around his sister and pulling her closer to him. Similar to how Tom had done it on the first day they met but she had pushed him away. It is a brotherly gesture not a romantic one. "He dropped her bags off and helped me get it into my car and, wait for it, he kissed her! Before he left!"

"Okay, okay, calm down," Analise tells him, giving him a look to ask him to be quiet. She knows how her mum will react. "Mama, is there anything I can do to help?"