seven

It takes Analise less than an hour to do her makeup and even less to get into her outfit

   It takes Analise less than an hour to do her makeup and even less to get into her outfit. Raya had helped her iron it the night before and Katrina had lended her the heels that she was, in fact, correct about. The heels really pulled the whole outfit together.

   The dress is an emerald green off-the-shoulder dress with a corset bodice. The ends of the dress was ruched together and draped across fhe front, showcasing a lot of her left leg. It is a beautiful dress and it complimented Analise perfectly. The makeup look she had in mind was something smokey but ended up doing soft glam.

   "It's two-thirty and he's still not here, Ana," Katrina complains, walking into Analise's room. She had told them he was to pick her up at one. They were very disappointed in his timekeeping. "Does he always do this? 'Cause if he does, we might have to rethink you dating him."

   "All because he's late?" Analise lets out a laugh, not sure on which bag to choose for the date. She hates carrying anything in her hands, always opting to buy clothes with extra pockets so she never has to use her hands for anything. "Besides, I'm barely ready. I still haven't even decided which bag I'm gonna choose. I'm feeling this gold clutch. What do you think?"

   "The gold clutch compliments your jewellery perfectly," she says, seating herself on her friend's bed. "That's why at least one person in the relationship has to be good at being on time. If you're both late, that's just taking the piss."

   When Analise's phone goes off, it's Katrina that answers the phone.

   "Hello, this is Katrina. You're through to Ana's phone—Yes, Mr Blyth, Ana is all ready for your date. She has been for the past hour, may I add—Oh, you have a good explanation do you?—Yes, we live on the sixth floor, apartment number six-zero-two—Oh, you're on your way up now? Perfect, let me just bell you in."

She hangs up and hands the phone to her shell shocked friend. She exits the room to bell the door. Within a few minutes, there's a ring at the door. Katrina rushes to open it, Analise soon following behind her, scared to see Tom all of a sudden. There's a rush entering her body and she can feel the goosebumps on her skin like little boulders.

"You're late, Mr Blyth," Katrina tells him off, inviting him into their apartment.

"I have a very good explanation," he tells her, his eyes looking behind her at Analise. She can tell he's holding something behind him and when he approaches her does she realise the massive bouquet of flowers holding all her favourite flowers. "So I was on my way to you at at twelve-fifty, might I add, and I bumped in your other friend. The one with the long hair and she gave me a good telling off about not getting you anything so she told me to get you a nice bouquet of flowers 'cause you love flowers so I had to rush to find a florist and make you the bouquet. The traffic was also madness so hence, the extreme lateness. I'm sorry for that."

"You're good. I needed that extra time anyway," Analise tells him, taking the bouquet in her hands. How did he know sunflowers and daisies were favourite flowers? She made a mental note to ask him later. "These are beautiful."