three

The whole café now has their attention on Analise and Tom

   The whole café now has their attention on Analise and Tom. Her arm tightens around his neck, her fingers tangling themselves through his long hair.

   "What. The fuck. Is going on?" Tom whispers to her, burying his face in between her neck so that no one can see what he's saying. It doesn't take him long to also wrap his arms around her back. "Did something happen? What's going on?"

   "Do something cute like you're my boyfriend and exit the café with me," She explains to him, still clutching onto him like her life depended on it. Technically, it sort of did. She feels him stiffen but she continues to speak. "I will explain everything once we're out of here."

   "Okay."

   Tom pulls away from the hug but his travel up towards the nape of Analise's neck. He doesn't look her in the eyes when he leans in and pulls her into a kiss. Fireworks. That's what Analise feels. His lips are soft and they mould perfectly against her own. It doesn't feel real. She hears gasps and people shuffling around the café to get a better look but she can't think of anything but his lips on hers.

The moment Analise feels his lips part from her skin, her eyes flutter open, trying to grasp in what the hell just happened. She looks up to take a good look at him under natural lighting but but not for long as he gently tugs her out of the café. Analise doesn't have the chance to look back at her friends who she knows are gawking at her.

   Tom leads her through the busy streets of Mayfair, making a stop once they're under the canopy of large industrial buildings and rusty staircases.

   "What the hell just happened?" Tom questions, letting go of her hands to make a note of their surroundings. It's still busy around the streets but a lot less people in comparison to being on a main road. "Were you being kidnapped? Or did some random dude approach you? Or—."

   "I'm sorry, what?" Analise cuts him off, trying to understand where he got the idea that she was being kidnapped.

   "Then why would you do that? If you weren't in danger? I remember your specifically saying 'help me' and that meant you were in trouble," Tom clarifies making Analise burst out into laughter. He doesn't look as amused as she is. "You're absolutely disgusting. What kind of sick person are you?"

"You literally put two and two together and tried to make eight," Analise says, composing herself to not laugh in his face anymore. She would also think the same thing had it happened to her. And more importantly, she needs him to like her so that he'll agree to her request. "I do need you to help me. I am in trouble."

   "Okay? Now, that I know that you weren't really in trouble, I'm gonna leave," Tom scowls in her direction, pushing past her, his shoulders bumping aggressively against hers. She quickly holds onto his arm before he can make his escape. "Let go of me, you creep. I can sue you for some sort of violation."