Prologue

"Fates will find a way."

。・:*˚:✧。

The rain poured down the dark night as she ran towards the enormous entrance of the lavishly decorated mansion that stood on the heart of the fairy lit land. The small shrubs and flowers surrounded the area, the fragrance of varieties of flowers were heavily present in the wind as it brushed past the petite frame of the girl.

Her slender fingers fisted the heavily embroidered lehenga of hers - a failed attempt to keep her anxiety in - as the loud thunder roared.

Goosebumps. Help God. She cried out, the words were loud in her heart but she wasn't brave enough to whisper those two words to the man standing beside her in a stoic manner.

She wasn't supposed to get married.

His broad shoulders brushed past her dupatta clad chest as she made an attempt to set a foot straight for a step. Her attempt at trying not to look at him failed the moment he forwarded his hand in front of her.

Her forestry coloured eyes turned wide as she saw him hooking his index finger around the bangles on her wrist.

The man seemed impatient. Scratch that. He was getting impatient second by second as she stood there unmoving as if her steps were frozen.

He wasn't supposed to get married.

Both of their thoughts clashed against each other's as he gazed at her bangles.

He wanted to get over with it as soon as possible. This wasn't what he had planned when he decided to come back to India.

All he wanted was to spend the rest of his life with his mother and father. With Hajra Suleiman's health deteriorating day by day since the death of Amir Suleiman, he had been trying hard to complete his studies as soon as he could.

Finishing his higher studies abroad and acing all of them with straight A's, he had secured his career.

Pulling her closer to himself with a little jerk, he lowered his eyes. Her figure clashed softly against his hard sherwani clad chest. The friction sent numerous sparks fly through them.

With his finger still intact on the glass bangle, he pulled her even closer if possible. His warmth enveloped her the moment his arms wound around her dupatta clad head. His fingers brushed against the edges as he pulled the ends even lower. His eyes still not looking at her as he retrieved his hand back to himself.

"Follow me." He commanded.

Malak's face scrunched up, her facial features morphed into that of a mock mimicry as she mimicked his words in a breathless whisper.

Follow Me. She twisted her lips trying to sound cold to herself even though no words came out of her pretty little mouth.

"And keep distance." Ouch.

Her eyes welled up as she heard his cold voice. The coldness and venom it possessed seeped into the very essence of her being. She felt neglected.

She felt like she was burdening him already and it hasn't even been two hours since they accepted each other as husband and wife.

⋆ ★

"Have a great day, beautiful." She kissed her mother-in-law's cheeks as she bid her. The elderly woman just chuckled at her childish antics.