12.

A couple days has gone by since the talk I had with East I don't even wanna say or try to admit that I'm over it cause I'm really not, the whole thing keeps playing on my mind as if I was doing the most and I should've just let him talk.

In which I thought I did, I spoke my mind, he told me he don't wanna rush nothing so I don't understand why I always have to be the one chasing someone who told me they want me.

I obviously had to speak to him as I told him that I'll help him with Kairi's birthday party so anything he texted I'll send him a short quick reply and call it a day with the cake, cake pops and cupcakes I gave the people his address.

And told him if he cannot go to pick it up they will just deliver it to his house so I don't have to go all the way down there to give him a couple items and with that everything on my side is done.

"Has he said anything since the talk?" Des asked as she moved to lean on my shoulder.

"He hasn't but I'm not forcing it anymore" I shrugged "he always talking bout we grown, this that and the third but he still hasn't done anything" one thing I noticed about East is that he has a way with words and it gets me so mad on how I fall for that shit every time.

Without fail.

"Yea you know niggas all talk nowadays" she chuckled.

"And what's making it worse is that I did not come back here for this, I came down here to get my life together and follow my goals" this is exactly why I told myself I wasn't gonna mingle around until everything was sorted.

And I just seem to never follow the plan. It's fine though everything will gradually fall into place.

"I mean life doesn't always go how you want it but I have a feeling you meeting him wasn't no coincidence. Y'all meant to be together" she told me with so much confidence in her tone.

"Ion really now about anything of that nie" I laughed "he really just pulling on my heart strings though".

"Girll just give him time cause he said that he'on wanna do nothing til the date. Just rock with it".

"I don't want to" I mumbled this shit got me feeling like I'm in high school all over again when I went through this with ole boy who really didn't stick to the plan.

He was all talk and no action whatsoever so anything that he told me I really didn't listen to his ass cause there just comes a point where you gotta act like you care about what they saying but you really don't.

But something is different with East I don't know what it is but Imma find out real soon.

My phone pinged with notifications in which it being a message from East, I tapped on the notification and typed in my reply.

iMessage

unknown number
you coming to kairi party?

me
if I'm not doing anything I'll come
-

I replied knowing damn well I ain't got shit going on that day but I can't show him that I want to see him. I'm not giving him that satisfaction.

Besides I wouldn't have just pulled up to his house cause I'm not on the best of terms with him so my lie works anyway.

Des had moved off my shoulder so I took this as my opportunity to sit up so she can't be nosy and try to read my messages.

iMessage

unknown number
what you got goin on that day?

me
do it matter?