23

Harry chuckles, his strong arm grabbing Louis' seat

Harry chuckles, his strong arm grabbing Louis' seat. He looks back, a mischievous glint in his eyes, "Well, 'tis the season, Lou. Gotta have the Christmas spirit." The car smoothly glides out of the driveway, the soft sound of snow crunching beneath the tires.

As they drive through the snowy streets of London, the city adorned in festive lights, Harry turns on the charm. His hands expertly navigate the wheel, and he steals a glance at Louis with a sly grin. The glow of the holiday decorations accentuates his rugged features, making him look even more attractive.

Louis smirks, "Trying to show off, Styles?" Harry winks, "Just getting into the holiday spirit, Tomlinson. Plus, I know you love it when I drive." The playful banter continues as they make their way to Louis' parents' house, the warmth of Christmas enveloping them in the chilly London evening.

"Still can't believe we're spending Christmas at your parents house." Harry shakes his head, his lips formed into a relaxed smile. Louis hasn't seen him like this. In sweats and fuzzy socks, with a santa hat on. His beard is completely shaved off, which makes him look even younger. The nail polish he usually is replaced with festive red and green tones. His rings are seemingly on Christmas break. He looks relaxed. Before they drive off, Harry even ate a cookie. Sugar, for breakfast! Louis almost collapsed onto floor.

"Better than spending it in London. Tourist-season is crazy."

Harry nods. "Yeah. I mean I do love the snow and the lights."

"There will be lots of snow in Doncaster," Louis giggles, "We can go Tobogganing and ice skating."

Harry grins, his accent thickening, "Tobogganing, eh? Sounds proper brilliant, that. And ice skating, well, I reckon I'll give it a go, though I might end up on me bum more than gliding gracefully."

Louis chuckles, "Oh, you'll be a pro in no time, love. Just watch out for the other skaters, yeah? Doncaster may not be as posh as London, but it's got its charm."

As they continue the drive, the car passes through quaint villages, the twinkle of Christmas lights illuminating the narrow streets. Harry adjusts his beanie, "Proper looking forward to it, Lou. It's been ages since I've had a cozy Christmas away from the chaos."

Louis nods, "Aye, and Mum's cooking is worth the journey. Proper roast dinner, Yorkshire puddings, the works."

Harry grins. "You know I'm vegan, right?"

Louis bursts out laughing, moving his feet on the seat. "My susters will love you. They're both plant eaters too."

"Plant eaters?!" Harry scoffs.

Louis shakes his head amused.

-

The car pulls up to Louis' childhood home, a cozy house adorned with wreaths and twinkling lights. Lucy, Louis' mother, stands at the doorway, a warm smile on her face. "Welcome home, you two! I've been counting the days," she says, enveloping them in a tight hug.

Louis grins, "Missed you, Mum."

Once inside, the aroma of Christmas cooking fills the air. Lucy ushers them into the living room where Louis' three sisters, Emily, Charlotte, and Amelia, eagerly await. "Louis, Harry! You made it!" they chorus, exchanging hugs and laughter.

Barny, the house cat, saunters in. Contrary to his usual aloof demeanor, he immediately takes a liking to Harry. His mischievous eyes glint at Harry, he purrs, jumping up in Harry's lap. He rubs his head against Harry's sweater and looks up at him, meowing charmingly.

Lucy chuckles, "Well, well, looks like Barny's found a new friend. He usually doesn't warm up to strangers."

Harry, petting the purring cat on his lap, smirks, "Guess I've got a way with feline charm."

"Oh shut up," Louis giggles, rolling his eyes. He kicks his socks off and flops down on the big fluffed-up armchair. He pulls his phone out and texts Niall. They're on good terms again, after not talking for a week straight. He sighs glancing over his screen at Harry. He's playing peek a boo with the cat, meowing happily in his lap. He grins at it so fondly, so relaxed. It warms Louis' heart in a way he never felt it before.
When he asked Harry if he wants to join him for Christmas, he never thought he'd be so into it. Closed-off-very healthy oriented-skincare obsessed-snoppy Harry. Niall told him that Wednesday about Harry's family situation and briefly why he couldn't go home over Christmas break. In addition he said Harry had been away at Zayns, slipping further into his illness. Louis guessed depression but since he wasn't sure he tried to stop being presumptuous.

"Lovelies, dinner will be ready in ten." Lucy announces warmly. Louis' sister run after her as she goes back into the kitchen.

Louis crosses his feet at the ankles and sighs heavily. "I need a big glass of wine." He closes his eyes comfortably. 'You in?"

"Uh. I don't drink." Harry says, almost in an unsure whisper. "I mean not at the moment."

"Oh sorry. Didn't know. Grapejuice then?"

"Yeah sure." Harry chuckles. "Sounds stupid but, maybe we should do snowangels."

Louis doesn't move, just giggles a little. "You're not high are you?"

"Hey! No of course not."

The sound of the crackling of the fire in the fireplace drowns out their conversation for a few minutes before Louis gets up and offers Harry a hand. "Come on. But don't tell Niall."

Harry grins happily. Their hands touch. Louis drags him to get his shoes on quietly.

-

The night air is freezing as Louis and Harry step into the winter wonderland outside. The sound of their boots crunching through the fresh snow is accompanied by the distant crackle of the fireplace fading behind them. A pristine patch of untouched snow beckons, and with shared mischievous glints, they tackle each other down, fall, arms and legs moving in unison as soon as they're both enveloped in thick snow to create perfect snow angels beneath the shimmering moonlight.

Their laughter fills the air as they playfully toss snow at each other. Louis gets up, extending a hand to Harry with a mischievous grin,

Louis gets up, cackling. He pads snow off his ass and stretches his hand out again.

Harry's eyes sparkle with delight, and their hands meet. Louis leads him quietly to the door, where they retrieve their shoes, careful not to disturb the peaceful ambiance within.

Back inside, the warm air nips at their noses as they return indoors, rosy-cheeked and full of laughter. Louis' family greets them warmly, and the aroma of a home-cooked dinner wraps around them, creating a sense of comfort. Louis can't help but feel a surge of pride, looking at them all so happily.

Around the table, stories are shared, and laughter echoes through the room. The flickering candlelight dances in their eyes, creating a warm glow. The plates are filled with hearty, delicious food, and the clinking of cutlery against porcelain adds to the symphony of the evening.

As the night progresses, the coziness of the fireplace and the company of loved ones create a tranquil atmosphere. With content smiles, Harry fits in perfectly. Louis tries not to stare but this energetic, smiley side of Harry warms his heart. He won over Louis' whole family in one evening with his unbelievable charm and his funny stories and, oh! His beauty. He truly looks lovely in the warm light, glowing like the sun.

Louis finishes his glass of wine and leads Harry upstairs where they fall to bed. Both exhausted but unbelievable grateful. Louis decides to settle his heavy head on Harry's back and immediately passes out.