4

"Ah!" Louis scream pierces the air, his body jerking suddenly to the left

"Ah!" Louis scream pierces the air, his body jerking suddenly to the left. "Help!" he shrieks, panic flooding his veins. His frantic hands desperately tug at the seatbelt that confines him. "For fuck's sake!" he curses, heart racing as his breath comes in rapid bursts. The atmosphere inside the car is stifling, the darkness pressing in around him. Just moments ago, he had been on the verge of falling asleep until a massive, pitch-black spider crawled up his bare arm, shattering his tranquility.

In the dimly lit taxi, Louis eyes widen with horror as he spots the spider once more, its eight spindly legs stalking relentlessly toward him. A guttural scream tears from his throat as he instinctively recoils, pressing himself against the opposite door. His chest rises and falls rapidly, his fingers clawing at the smooth leather seat beneath them. Despite his efforts to contain his fear, he can feel his worst nightmare crawling beneath his skin.

"What's wrong?" a voice, smooth as smoke, queries from the front of the car. Louis gaze darts up, locking onto the green eyes that meet his own through the rearview mirror. He freezes for a moment, his head tilting as he scrutinizes the stranger's gaze. Then, a faint tickle brushes against his bared hand, resting on the seat cushion. Louis eyes widen, his mouth parting in a silent scream as he watches in horror. His heart pounds as he violently smashes his hand against the window, desperation and fear driving his actions.

The car comes to a sudden halt as the driver pulls over, his intentions veiled in shadows. Louis seizes the opportunity, his heart pounding as he flings himself out of the car. The rush of adrenaline surges through him as he stumbles onto the pavement.

Harry gets out a second later, shutting the car door with force. With an angry pep in his step, he walks around the car. "What's your problem mate?" He swears, his accent thick. "Almost fucking crashed the car! There's what with the screaming eh?"

A raccoon. An infuriated British raccoon, that's what the man in front of him looks like in his weird little outfit. Louis considers confessing the truth to his angry British driver, his heart pounding from both fear and the absurdity of the situation.

"Ehrm," Louis begins, his voice wavering slightly as he tries to gather his thoughts. He clears his throat, meeting the driver's impatient gaze. "You see, mate, the thing is—I've got this incredibly embarrassing condition." He pauses, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "I'm... well, dreadfully afraid of spiders. Like, we're talking full-on, heart-pounding, scream-like-a-little-girl terrified." He cringes inwardly at his own confession, fully aware of how ridiculous it must sound.

Angry British guy blinks at him, an odd mixture of irritation and bemusement evident in his expression. Louis plows ahead, determined to embarass himself further. "So, you know, when that eight-legged monstrosity made its grand entrance, my fight-or-flight instincts kicked in."

He offers a sheepish grin, hoping that his attempt at humor might lighten the tension. "I promise, I'm not usually this much of a drama queen, but when it comes to spiders, all bets are off. Can't really control the survival instincts, you know?" Louis chuckles nervously, his eyes darting between the raccoon-esque driver and the road ahead.

The guy is staring at him in disbelief. "A spider? You got to be kidding me!" He throws his hands up dramatically, thrn he hits his finger to Louis chest, "you, are going to call yourself a new cap because there is no way you're going to be back in my car!"

Now, Louis would technically start a fight here. Read his rights out and tell him to fuck off in his most British accent. Technically but now that he's out of the cab, he does realize to look at the plate of the car. A cold shiver runs down his spine. It takes him three seconds to realize that it's definitely not the right plate.

He blinks back at the driver and the infuriating look on his face. Yup, there's no way he's going to let himself get kidnapped tonight.

"Listen mate, actually that's great news!" He exclaims, already walking a few steps backwards. His stupid feet betray him as he stumbles a little. "My house is actually right around the corner."

That's a lie. It's in the opposite direction and it's definitely NOT a house. Well not HIS house. Nothing better than a good lie, right? That guy isn't going to hurt him right?

"Whatever." The driver turns back to his car. Louis seizes his opportunity. With each frantic step, he puts distance between himself and the ominous vehicle. In the wake of his escape, Louis watches, a fleeting moment of indecision crossing his features before he lets out a resigned sigh. Louis runs as soon as he reaches the dark corner. He runs not very fast since he is a little lazy but he does run.

The dark streets of London swallow him. The pavement dark and ominous. Louis reaches his and Nialls house. He the palm of his hand against the bell, frantically looking over his shoulder into the darkness. "Niall!" He scream and then light envelopes him.

"You fucking moron! I was napping!" Niall had yanked the door open with sleepy eyes and an angry look on his face. He doesn't look too intimidating. He's holding sliced cucumbers. He puts them on his eyes to look younger but sometimes he does one. That's why there are alwats two spare ones somewhere.

"I almost got kiddnapped." Louis blurts out.