11

Snow covers London under a thick blanket of white clouds

Snow covers London under a thick blanket of white clouds. Night settles over the city, and it's glory. The moon illuminates the streets along the christmas lights. A heavy, dreadfully long winter is approaching quicker than last year and the year before.

The university is painted in snow, and the bell rings for the last time at midnight. The hallways are empty, and the last students are leaving the library tightly wrapped in wool coats and crimson scarfs. The girls run after the few boys, grabbing their hands laughing. Exams are almost over, and the last week starts in a few days. The weekend won't be long. Winter holidays are knocking on the old, dreary door of the building. It's closing down soon.

Louis looks out the fogged window. He pulls the soft blanket around his body, attempting to warm himself up. The streetlights are flickering. A tear tracks down his cheek. He leans his head against the window, the cold glass shattering his body. The tranquility of the night isn't silencing his loud mind.

Christmas is haunting him down. It's almost December, one more week and exams are over. The holidays mean he's utterly alone at home. Niall is going to see his mother in Dublin and Harry. Well, he isn't sure what Harry is doing, but he's surely spending Christmas somewhere. Zayn will be gone, too. He's been talking nonstop about seeing his grandmother again. She is out of the hospital for the first time in years.

His emotions have been all over the place for weeks now. He's crying, snorting cocaine and failing every exam. He is going to repeat the year if he doesn't get a grip. The issue is that all he wants to do is sleep all the time. He is exhausted and sad and angry. Somedays, he wakes up and feels enraged, like he needs to smash something.

"Clean the dishes, Louis, for godssake!" Niall screams.

Louis wipes his tears away quickly and adjusts his posture, pulling out his phone when he hears Niall's quick fotstels approaching. He turns his head right when the dor swings open and crashes against the white wall.

"Sorry." He mumbles.

Nialls rolls his eyes, stomping inside and flopping down on the matress. "What's going on with you?"

Louis shrugs, pulling the blanket tightly. "I don't know. Christmas-"

"Afraid of santa?" Niall quips.

Louis rolls his eyes, "Never mind. Just a lot right now."

"You poor darling." Niall grins, picking a small silky pillow up, aiming at Louis.

Louis scoffs, "Can you actually get out?" He asks, anger boiling inside of him. He is sure it reflects on his voice. He hates to kick Niall out, but he can't deal with his attitude at the second.

Niall sits up. The frown on his face is enough evidence for his now occuring irritability. "Fine." He mutters something else while he makes his way outside.

The door falls shut. Louis pulls the blanket so tight it almost suffocates him.

-

Friday morning - well, midday, Louis awakes by falling off his comfortable chair at the window. The glass is fogged, crystal clear ice decorates it. Louis, sleepily, tumbles over to the mattress on the floor. He slept for seemingly days, but somehow, his body isn't satisfied.

To his discomfort, he hears a knock. Begrudgingly, he turns his head. His hair is tousled, tangled mess.

"Hi." Harry says sweetly, walking inside Louis room with a matter-of-factness. It startles him.

"Morning." Louis grumbles, about to turn over again.

Harry looks effortlessly chic in his drowsy marsh blue knitted sweater and the loose pants, elegantly forming his figure just right. His rings fit to his necklace and his hair - oh, his hair. He must've cut it. His curls are dashing. 

"It's 3 p.m love, morning is long over." Harry laughs, light-hearted as he is. He did the dishes for Louis all week and last week. He is truly a saint. Louis still despises his brutish little ways, sneaking around cleaning and all.

"What do you want?" Louis asks, shoving a pillow under his cheek.

Harry chuckles, "You. To come with me to the Christmas market."

Louis rolls his eyes so hard he's certain they might get stuck if he does it again. "And why would I agree to that?"

"Because, " Harry rounds the matress in one quick motion, "For once, you need to get some fresh air, and second, I can't go alone."

"You can't?"

"It's embarrassing. Plus, I can't do all the fun stuff!"

Louis sits up, blanket around his shoulders. "Alright then."