𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞

charlotte's POV:

It's been months since I last saw her. she will think that I left her because I didn't love her anymore but in reality I loved her so much that I left her to set her free.
many times life puts us in front of obstacles and what happened led me to move away, she will think that I ran away from the problem but in reality I just tried not to make it worse.
I hope one day she'll understand, I hope she'll understand that it wasn't easy for me either and that I actually did all of this for her.
I am aware that I will never find anyone like her, I will never fall in love with anyone else like her and also that I would have had to hide for a while to save myself.
when I was with her I didn't mind loving the same sex, but now that I was back in France, alone, that was the only thing that scared me.
as soon as I said goodbye to Lena, I immediately ran to her apartment and as fast as possible I packed my bags and went back to France. I said to myself i would have probably regretted my decision soon, and indeed I did. I miss her more than anything, but I couldn't do otherwise, her mother would have gone further and I only wanted the best for Lena, I wanted her to have a happy life and feel free, without having constant fears for what could happen to her, so I freed her.
here in France I was now with a man, Marcel, I didn't love him, in fact he disgusted me, but I needed money and he had a lot of it, and so I "restarted" my life. if it could be considered such by now anymore. I felt like just a body made up of bones and blood without a soul. I no longer felt emotions, I didn't cry, I didn't laugh, I didn't love.
it was a meaningless life.
what was the point of it without her.

AN YEAR LATER

Lena's POV:

I'm in France, I had found a better job.
now I was a librarian, and I wrote books, I had published various books too.
I've always loved to write and now I finally got to do it.
my work brought me enough money and therefore I no longer had to sleep with men.
time fixes things they say, mine is a little slow but  i'm starting to create a new life. charlotte will probably have hers but it still makes me angry that she abandoned me for no reason and i was still having a hard time forgetting it.
work, however, distracted me a lot, I had books to arrange, customers to serve, to collect money and when I had time left over, I wrote or read a few pages of a random book taken from the shelves.
the days were calm and I lived in a small apartment slightly on the outskirts that I reached by bike.
one day everything changed.

charlotte's POV:

one year. a damn year has passed.
i can't forget.
Marcel accepted the fact that i didn't want to have any kind of love relationship with him but I was exhausted, every day I had to clean, cook and wash his work things, he used me like a slave now, with his monthly pocket money.
I couldn't stand him anymore, I preferred to find a job instead of being with him and so I did it. I left him.
a week later I found work in a company that delivered newspapers around the country, I traveled by bike along with many other people around the neighborhoods of Paris to deliver newspapers or to deliver parcels and letters.
one day I had a package to deliver.
a hardcover book With a red cover titled 'red scarf ' I immediately remembered everything that had happened, the red scarf. lena.
I had to deliver it to an address, the one of the library.
i love that library but i never have time to go there, maybe my opportunity is today, they say it's huge and beautiful.
with the bike I left the offices and headed towards the library.
the building is huge and hundreds of books can be seen from the windows.
I enter through the wooden door
"Hello, I have a package to deliver" I yelled.
"Come in" a familiar voice spoke.
I walked slowly cleaning my shoes on the carpet in the hall.
I didn't believe my eyes. it couldn't be true.
"lena" I whispered to myself.
she stared at me, she seemed calm, but my eyes were overflowing with tears
"what are you doing here?" lena asked coldly
"I came to deliver the package, I've been looking for you for a long time" I smiled at her, she was gorgeous
"you have been looking for me for a long time? what about me charlotte? you lied to me chalrotte, you abandoned me without saying anything, are you crazy?" she screamed

"I'm sorry Lena I only did it to protect you" I replied "You had to stay with me if you wanted to protect me, you're just selfish charlotte, you made a life for yourself leaving me alone" she yelled again

"please lena don't yell, i did all this for us and for you, your mother had threatened to kill you if you didn't stay away from me, and i thought this would be the best way to save you, i couldn't do otherwise, I had no choice" I replied

"You had to stay with me charlotte, you promised me, you understand?" she burst into tears "you, you promised me" she put her hands on her face and my heart broke into a thousand little pieces.

I walked over and sneaked up next to her
"I'm so so sorry Lena, I had to tell you I got it all wrong, but we were too busy loving each other that we didn't even notice one of us was about to risk her life, I'm so sorry" I tried to get closer and she let me and I put my hand on her on the shoulder.
she was frightened for a moment but then she took her hands away from her face, in this moment I felt like I was back to when we first met in that bar in London.
"don't cry lena" I whispered to her "sorry" she said "you have nothing to apologize for" I said "yes instead, I thought you left me because you didn't love me anymore or because you found someone better than me, I should never have thought about such bad things, I should have trusted you." she sobbed "it's normal that you thought all this, I left you without saying a thing, now I just wish everything would go back to the way it was before" I looked at her "me too" she whispered and hugged me.
I missed her hands on my body, her touch, her perfume "I missed you" I burst into tears, I went back to Lena.
I took her face in my hands and kissed her.
after everything we had been through, here we are together again.
everything was so perfect, everything was like it was before.
everything was as it should be, everything was so right.
I no longer felt wrong, this was exactly the rightest thing I could have ever done in my life, I Love her, I Love a woman, I Love Lena, with all myself and with all my strength. my little Lena.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

hey guys! this was the last chapter, I hope u liked it! tysm for reading my story!🩷

-m🩷