𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞

tw:nightmares
𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯:

after meeting charlotte i feel that many things have changed, i had never had the courage to open up as i did with her in less than a day. it is as if with a single hug she had read inside me, all my sufferings and pains. I feel safe not only to talk but to do anything, I have the strange feeling that I can blindly trust her. the first thing that struck me was her beauty, her big blue eyes, her nose with some freckles, her full lips, her high cheekbones, her angelic face and her hair with beautiful brown curls, which I later discovered was blonde. every look and every time our eyes met I felt like I wanted to know everything about her. now i was sleeping peacefully when a voice wakes me up "no please, not her too" it was charlotte's voice muffled by the pillow "take me, let her live" Her breaths increased "NO" she screamed and then jumped up struggling to breathe. I immediately stood up and hugged her, as soon as I laid my hands on her she jumped "shh, don't worry charlotte it's just me, it's just Lena, don't worry" I stroked her hair and her breathing became regular again "I'm so sorry" she sobbed " you have nothing to apologize for, don't worry, you haven't done anything wrong" I whispered to her "yes i have, they all died and it was all my fault" her voice came out in a scared tone "charlotte, yes we haven't known each other for a lot, but I want to tell you that you were the only one who saved me, just you, I know a lot of things happened during the war and I know that it's hard to go on and it seems impossible, but it's not your fault, it's the Nazis' fault, you couldn't do anything, it's not your fault, look at me, it's not your fault, okay?" I took her face in my hands and forced her to look into my eyes, only now i was beginning to understand all her suffering "now sleep and we'll talk about it tomorrow" I laid her on the pillow. the following morning I got up early and let her sleep, meanwhile while she slept I went to buy some bread to spread with jam and I prepared the Italian coffee, my typical. I then sat on a chair waiting for charlotte, who woke up after 20 minutes, when I saw her get out of bed, i heat the coffee and put it in a cup.
"good morning" she said in her hoarse voice and I smiled good morning
"Do you want some coffee and some bread with jam?" she smiled and nodded "finally someone who eats sweet food for breakfast" she joked "by the way I've been wanting to ask you since yesterday" she lit up "where are you from?, I tried to analyze your voice and your accent word by word but I can't understand where you come from because your English is too correct" she looked desperate "oh, I thought it was something serious, I'm Italian anyway, both my parents are Italian" she smiled "and you? You're Scottish right?" I asked her "yes, i am they say you can hear a lot the accent" she said while sipping the coffee "oh my God how bitter it is, it feels like the typical Italian coffee" she laughed "oh my God I'm sorry, do you want some milk or some sugar?" she looked at me and replied "yes please" she almost begged me and I started laughing "ill be right back madame" I said
placing on the table what she had asked for "Lena.." she said in a low voice "yes?"
"about what happened last night, can we not talk about it for now? I don't feel ready" I looked at her "of course charlotte, you dont have to tell me anything if you dont want to, I don't want to push you to do things you don't want to do, i am no one to tell you what to do" we barely knew each other, she smiled , I love her smile.
"as soon as I finish can I take a quick shower?" she asked and I nodded.
once she finished washing herself, charlotte started washing all the clothes both mine and hers with soap and water while i was preparing the food for lunch, we would eat outside, there was a little garden and it was perfect to eat there in this sunny day. charlotte took the basket of wet things and we went downstairs together. I spread the blanket on the ground and she spread the clothes. when i looked up she was looking at me and smiling.

she is too beautiful and good for this world, I believe, in fact I am sure I have feelings for her, Her eyes now sparkled as they looked at me, small lines formed around her mouth which made her even more beautiful and her hair was starting to go ...

she is too beautiful and good for this world, I believe, in fact I am sure I have feelings for her, Her eyes now sparkled as they looked at me, small lines formed around her mouth which made her even more beautiful and her hair was starting to go back blonde, I wanted to take her face and fill it with kisses, but she probably would have run away from me because I would have disgusted her.
I was the first to lower my gaze and once she finished arranging she sat next to me looking at the horizon.
I stiffened for a moment when I felt her hand on mine, she was squeezing my hand in hers.
I turned to look at her and her gaze was already fixed on me.

her mouth was slightly open and she was looking at me with those two big blue eyes

"charlotte.." I whispered to her as she moved her face closer and closer to me
"shh" she whispered placing a hand on my face and leaning up to kiss me.
Her soft lips crashed against mine and the hand that was previously on mine had grabbed my face and was stroking it gently.
never had a man kissed me like this, with this kindness, with this passion.
never had a man treated me like charlotte.
it happened so fast but it felt so right.
she moved away a bit "sorry I don't know what got into me I don't even think you like me, maybe you're not like me, and it's all wrong and" I interrupted her taking her face again and kissing her again, a kiss that ended with a hug, my face was in the crease of her neck and hers stuck to my cheek, I could breathe in her scent, vanilla.
"thank you" she whispered almost crying and I held her even tighter, I would never let her go, my charlotte.