𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

CHARLOTTE'S POV:

we arrived at the airport  and after loading the suitcases, Lena and I waited for them to call the boarding for Venice.
I was very excited, I would have visited Italy and I would have done it with Lena.
we boarded and luckily for us the seats were close together so I was able to hold her hand, since the plane scared her.
during the trip we talked about our hobbies, we had never talked about them before, she told me she loves painting as well as reading and I told her how much I love taking pictures and I couldn't wait to take many with her in Venice.

an hour later

here we are in Venice, safe and sound, what a beautiful city. we arrived in the evening and the lights illuminated the whole city making it magical
"Do you like it?" she asked, I couldn't speak from amazement. she took me by the hand and once she took the suitcases, we headed to the hotel, dead tired.
the climate here was much warmer so I put on a light dressing to sleep and lena did the same, even though my back was bare and I could see the bruises.
we were now lying on the bed, lena had her face on my chest and I was touching her hair.
"what would you like to do?" she asked me, "tomorrow you could take me to visit the works of art that are here, since you are passionate" I suggested "and also teach me a little Italian" she smiled "sure, amore mio" I looked at her trying to understand "it means my love" she smiled "it sounded beautiful" I took her face and kissed her, she was looking for physical contact and I tried to give it to her as much as possible, stroking her neck, I couldn't push myself further "charlotte let me touch you please" she whispered to me her ear slowly descending with her hand, the image of his hands touching me came back to my mind and I don't know how it could have happened but I slapped her, her eyes were shut
"why did you do that charlotte?" I burst into tears, I couldn't breathe "chalrotte please breathe with me slowly" she motioned me to inhale and exhale until I calmed down "sorry, I can't...his image" I put my head in my hands "who?" She asked "Julian, I can't forget, I'm not ready to do it, now if you want to leave I understand, but I swear I will do my best to get back to how I was before" I looked into her eyes "charlotte don't worry, I can wait and i'll help you get through it, we'll get through it together, i would never leave you for a thing like that, that is something really bad that happened to you and I don't wanna push you to do things if you're not ready" she said grabbing my face.
"can i?" she pointed to my back and I nodded, I took off my shirt, I was naked in front of her but that didn't scare me, she placed on a finger on my back.
I gasped as she traced the outline of the scars and wounds with her fingers and gave small kisses on my back every now and then.
she embraced me and made me lie down next to her, I laid my head on her chest and fell asleep in her arms.
the next morning I woke up but she wasn't there next to me.
"Lena?" i called to see where she was "here i am" i watched her arrange our clothes in the closet trying not to let everything fall on herself.
we went to have breakfast together in a small café a little far from the square and then we visited the church and the square with all the monuments, she told me a little about their history and all the love she had for art, not only physical art like statues or paintings but what they wanted to convey, was in her eyes. lena introduced me to more new things than I could have thought a young girl could do and for that I am grateful to her.
we also visited a beautiful bookstore and bought some books.
after a few hours we were walking to a calm place to have lunch and I hear a voice coming from behind us "magdalena" a male voice screamed and lena turned, her face was overwhelmed by a state of shock
"che cosa ci fai qui?"(What are you doing here?)he spoke in Italian, but I didn't understand what he was saying
"sapevo che eri arrivata e sono venuto a prenderti" (i knew you were here and I came to get you)
"papà non so nemmeno che cosa ci fai qui, per favore, torna a casa, ora sono felice non vedi?" (Dad I don't even know why you're here , please go home, now I'm happy can't you see?) she said a little upset
"e quella chi è?  hai una nuova amica e non me la presenti?" (and who is that, you have a new friend and you don't introduce her to me?)
"questa è charlotte, ora possiamo continuare la nostra visita?" (this is charlotte, now can we continue our visit?) she was pissed off
"tua madre vuole parlarti immediatamente" (Your mother wants to talk to you immediately) Now I just noticed the fear in her eyes
"charlotte we have to go" she took my hand and we followed that man "Lena can you explain that to me?" I asked her in a low voice "not now please, I'll explain it to you later ok?" she was terrified.
We have arrived

LENA'S POV:

I entered the house and was greeted by a smell of smoke and alcohol that I couldn't even breathe, I smoked, yes, but even this was too much.
"magdalena" said the figure of my mother approaching me with a murderous look
"mamma" (mom) I said a little scared "chi è quella donna là fuori?" (who is that woman out there?) she asked
"charlotte" was the only answer I gave her
"fammi indovinare è la tua 'amica'?" (let me guess is she your 'friend'?) she made the gesture with her hands
"so che cosa sei magdalena, so che sei sempre stata malata, che sei sempre stata un problema" (I know what you are Magdalena, I know you've always been sick, that you've always been a problem) a tear fell down my face
"basta, smettila" (that's enough, stop it) I whispered to her clenching my teeth
"smetterla di fare cosa? dire che sei una cazzo di lesbica che distrugge famiglie?" (what do i have to stop to say?that you're a fucking lesbian that destroys families?) she slapped me.
since the beginning of this adventure I had received several slaps but this hurt more than a shot.
"la prossima volta che ti vedo con lei ti ammazzo, ora vattene" (next time I see with her I'll kill you, now get out) she yelled at me and I ran out with tears, I couldn't see anymore and my vision blurred from the impact, I got out just in time "charlotte let's go home please" I whispered getting closer "what have they done to you my darling" she tried to get closer but I walked away, then I couldn't see anything anymore and I fell to the ground.

CHARLOTTE'S POV:

I took her home and made her lie down on the bed putting a damp cloth on her forehead.
after about half an hour she woke up
"you scared the hell out of me lena" I grabbed her face as soon as she woke up
"I'm tired" a tear rolled down her face "I'm tired that we can't live happy, that we can't be who we really are, that we can't hold hands, kiss in public, I'm fucking tired" she burst into tears and I took her in my arms "me too darling me too".
"I bet you want to know" she whispered into my hair
"Yes, Lena or Magdalena? did you lie about the name too to play mysterious?" she laughed a little "Lena is just the short. and what about dominique?" she laughed "sorry if i had to avoid getting killed" I said back and then she started to tell what had happened. that her mom didn't want us together and that she was the ruin of the family, she even slapped her, that woman wouldn't have survived if she had done it again. she also said that she was gonna kill her if she ever saw her with me again and I'm so damn scared for my lena.
"please charlotte hold me" she cried
"I'm here now" I told her and she held me tighter "please dont ever leave me" she said "I won't leave you, I promise"