Chapter 6: WEDDING BLUES

Start from the beginning

But what followed, she could never ever predict.

As Wanda opened the door to step down the aisle, a wave of shock hit her to the core. She stood there, utterly flabbergasted, as she took in the sight of everyone she'd ever known, all gathered in the room, their eyes fixed on her. Friends, some she considered family, filled the space along with the entire X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four, even Peter Parker in the front row with her sons and brother - all present to celebrate this day with her and Vision.

Erik: Just keep walking. I'm with you.

Her heart raced like never before, a big smile gracing her face. The overwhelming presence of all these familiar faces, here for her, some of which even opposed her during the incursion, stirred emotions that threatened to spill over into tears. Her arms were stiff at her side. Her shoulders were up and drawing inward as she tensed up. Her lips were quivering, and her legs felt like jelly. A warm feeling swelled in the pit of her stomach, spreading through her like a comforting blanket. Despite the cascade of emotions, she summoned every ounce of strength to hold herself together, her heart pounding frantically and her face showing a sincere vulnerability that creeped ever closer to breaking down in tears. But something felt off as her eyes jumped from person to person, noticing something missing. Or either, someone. Doctor Strange.

And then, her gaze fell on Vision, standing on the other side of the aisle, patiently waiting for her. At that moment, the floodgates burst open, and tears streamed out of her eyes like a waterfall. Her lips trembled with a joy so profound that words couldn't capture its essence.

After coming to a standstill next to him, they whispered to each other as the officiant began to speak.

"We are gathered here today to witness the marriage between--"

Vision: Darling, you look stunning.

She was twiddling her thumbs with her head slightly lowered.

Wanda: You think so?

Vision: Absolutely.

Wanda: Well you can thank Pietro for the dress.

Vision: This dress is nothing without you in it.

Wanda: Vis... You're making me blush in front of everyone.

She said in a feminine whisper that pulled on his heartstrings.

Vision: Oh am I now?

Wanda: What is all this anyway? You said we'd basically elope.

Vision: You don't like it? We could stop if you want a more private--

Wanda: Vision. I adore you.

Vision: So you do like it?

Wanda: This is more than I could've ever hoped for. It's perfect.

Vision: Then why the long face?

Wanda: They're happy tears.