002. Snap out of it!

I FOUND MYSELF in the infirmary with the blonde boy. I was told to watch him. Chiron didn't  understand how creepy that was. I sat down at the vanity facing away from his bed. I guess infirmary duty was my punishment for that stunt I pulled earlier. Around midnight, Annabeth walked into the room. She didn't see me at first but she jumped when she noticed me.

"What are you doing?" I asked, half-asleep.

"What are you doing?" She whispered, annoyed.

I rubbed my eyes, "infirmary duty."

She stared at me judgmentally, "okay..."

I watched as she walked over to the side of boy's bed. She just stood over it, studying him.

"That's really creepy, y'know..?" I muttered, loud enough for her to hear.

I couldn't tell, but I think she rolled her eyes at the comment.

The blonde's eyes fluttered open, "where am I...?"

"You drool when you sleep." Annabeth stated.

I raised an eyebrow and the boy mumbled in confusion before falling back asleep.

"Wow, the fact it's storming really adds to the dramatic effect of... whatever just happened." I drawled.

"Shut up." Annabeth murmured, rubbing her temples before walking out.

"You're so sweet, Miss princess!" I called out to her sarcastically as she walked out of the infirmary.

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

"Wake up." I droned, snapping my fingers in the boy's face.

His eyes opened for a second before closing again.

"Wake up!" I yelled, and his eyes shot open.

"Sorry, you wouldn't wake up." I said, walking back to the vanity I was sitting at the whole night.

"Who are you..?" He asked, half-asleep.

"My name is Irene. But you'll probably forget about half of this conversation when you fully wake up." I replied.

"Oh. Okay..." he said, dazed.

"Catch." I warned, throwing an apple at him. The apple hit him in the chest and he grunted.

"If you need anything, I'm sure you'll have a visitor soon. But if you don't, Mr. D's office is down the hall."

"Oh, and, I'm sorry about your mom... I know how it feels." I mumbled, fidgeting with my thumbs.

"How-" he started, but I cut him off.

"You talk in your sleep." I answered quickly. "I'll leave you alone now."

Just as I opened the door, Grover appeared and walked into the infirmary.

I walked past Clarisse on my way to cabin 11