001. I couldnt lose

IRENE RIVERA DID NOT like to lose. Even if her losing was a rare occurrence, all of tartarus broke loose when she did. Clarisse La Rue knew this very well. She knew what would happen when Luke Castellan challenged Irene to a duel.

"You cheating little-" Irene started but bit her tongue. The smirk on Luke Castellan's face fueled a fire in her.

"I didn't cheat." Luke stated calmly. Irene clenched her fists as she shook in pure anger.

"Yes you did! I demand a rematch." Irene shouted.

Luke shrugged, "fine by me. Just get ready to lose, again."

Irene charged towards him with her sword. The sword was not a good match for her, it was unbalanced. She would always swear that's why she lost against Luke.

Just as Luke went to block her hit, Chiron appeared, which distracted him. Irene knocked him to the ground and cut his arm. "I win." Irene commented.

A child of Apollo yelled out and Chiron shot Irene a look. It was a little ironic he didn't even have to say anything anymore.

Chiron cleared his throat, "Irene, come with me."

Irene sighed and followed the centaur all the way outside of camp, where a blonde boy lay unconscious.

"He's the one, I know it!" Annabeth exclaimed.

Irene rolled her eyes. "Enough." Chiron stated, and Annabeth shut up.

"He's the one, I know it!" Irene muttered in a mocking tone. Annabeth glared at her.

Chiron rolled his eyes, "shush, he's waking."