Chapter 9: The Straw/Haunted?

(Team Smash is seen walking through Vale's docks as Weiss is seen smiling as a sign is being put up by the elderly Shopkeep that reads in bright red letters "WELCOME TO VALE!" for all the foreign newcomers from their respective kingdoms of Remnant.)

Y/N: So this is the Vytal Festival! Just as wonderful as you described, Weiss.

Weiss: Of course it is. The Vytal Festival is dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!

(Then they walk through some boats.)

Y/N: So... why are we here again?

Weiss: I heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, it's my solemn duty to welcome them to this kingdom.

Nora: More like she wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.

Y/N: How would you know, Nora? We don't have any evidence.

Weiss: (smirks) In your face, pancake lover.

Nora: (glares) I'll get you for this, Ice Queen!

Weiss: (angry) HEY!

(The rest of the team focuses at a shattered window down the street and a door full of yellow caution tape of the Vale Police Force before walking over to the detective in front, who is writing on his pad. He approaches them as well.)

Y/N: What happened here?

Ruby: I'd be asking the same.

Detective 1: Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle. (walks over to his partner)

Y/N: Dude, that's terrible.

Detective 2: (off screen, to his partner) They left all the money again.

Ruby: (turning her head when she hears this) Huh?

Y/N: Okay, now it's getting weird.

Detective 1: Yeah, just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much Dust?

Detective 2: I don't know, an army?

Detective 1: You're thinking the White Fang is involved?

Y/N: White Fang? What is "White Fang"?

Weiss: Just an awful bunch of degenerates!

Blake: What's your problem?

Weiss: (turning to her) My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane.

Blake: The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths. (crossing her arms, getting serious) They're a collection of misguided Faunus.

Weiss: Misguided? They want to wipe Humanity off the face of the planet!

Y/N: Well, the only one I know who would actually need that much Dust instead of money is currently in prison. (strokes his chin) Or is he...

Weiss: See? That just proves that the White Fang are a bunch of scum.

Sailor 1: (off-screen) Hey, stop that Faunus!

(The huntsmen rush to help the sailor as they see a Faunus with a golden monkey tail named Sun Wukong running down the length of the boat and leaping on to the edge as the two sailors are about to apprehend him.)

Sun: (looking back at his pursuers) Thanks for the ride, guys! Haha! (he jumps off and hits the dock running)

Sailor 2: You no-good stowaway!

Sun: (using his tail to hang on a lamppost while he peels back a banana) Hey! A no-good stowaway would've been caught! I'm a great stowaway! (before he eats, one of the detectives down below throws a stone at him to get his attention)

Detective 1: Hey! Get down from there this instant!

(Sun drops the banana peel on the detective's face, who growls in return. The monkey-like Faunus twirls up to crouch on the lamppost, laughs in amusement, and proceeds to leap off and run away from the detectives.)

Y/N: I'll get him!

Detective 2: Go for it, Jim!

(Y/N goes after Sun, but as he was about to catch up to him, he bumps into someone.)

Y/N: Oops, sorry.

(He turns to see that Sun disappeared.)

Y/N: Great, he got away. (sees the girl down) Are you alright?

 (sees the girl down) Are you alright?

????: Sa-lu-ta-tions.

(Meanwhile at Beacon Academy, Ozpin is seen taking a sip of his cofee mug until he hears some knocks on the door. Knowing Glynda isn't there, he stands up and goes to open it up. As he does so, he gets shocked by seeing his ex-wife Salem completely beaten like she went through a war zone.)

Ozpin: (eyes widen) It can't be... please Oum, tell me I'm just having a nightmare...

(Oobleck zooms in and gets shocked by seeing the entire Beacon's sworn archenemy down in the ground and completely beaten.)

Oobleck: What is she doing here?

Ozpin: I don't know. I just opened the door and suddenly saw her completely beaten.

(Salem groans as she struggles to get up and speaks up.)

Salem: (weakly) It sickens me

Salem: (weakly) It sickens me... to have to ask for YOUR help, Ozpin... but I really DO need help...

Oobleck: And why should-

(Ozpin interrupts Oobleck as he raises his hand.)

Ozpin: Call Glynda, and tell her to bring Y/N and his team here. Same goes to Teams JNPR and CFVY. I don't want to be the only one to hear my ex-wife's explanations to come here.

(Oobleck becomes reluctant, but the Glynda comes in.)

Glynda: It might be a risky move to trust whatever SHE has to say... but it's either them or him, right?

(Ozpin nods.)

Glynda: Very well. I'll bring all available huntsmen here as soon as possible.

(She goes to bring everyone to Ozpin's room as the screen fades out.)