29: The Farewell

A/N:

Hi! I have been gone for so long and I'm actually still busy with my schedule, however, I thought I'd drop a chapter that hasn't been published yet.

I actually decided to not release any new chapters until I have finished this fanfic, but I just couldn't wait lol.

I have completely forgotten how excited I was to write this story in the beginning, so I had to re-read it all over again from start to current to jog my memory with the plot.

I would also like to apologize for the EXTREME long wait for just a single chapter to come out. I know it's been a year and I am incrediously sorry.

Do people still read wattpad? cos idk LOL.

One last thing before the chapter starts, there will be no illustrations for the time being (indefinitely).

Happy New Year everyone!!

---------------------------

"Ning…!" Beidou whispered and tried to shake the lady awake. "Wake up!"

The lady groaned as she was awoken. She slowly opened her eyes. "Why aren't you asleep yet, Beidou?" She hissed.

"No, Ning, listen," the captain hurriedly said and held her by the shoulders. She went silent as the voices of men were heard coming from outside.

Alerted, Ningguang sprung up and grabbed her suit. She was now fully awake. "How did they find us?!" She asked the captain as she was quickly putting her suit on.

Beidou remained seated on the futon. "I-I don't know! I thought we were very isolated here!"

"Are you sure you put out the fire properly?"

"I did!"

"But the smoke…?"

The captain smacked her own face. "Oh, Beidou, you gave our position away because you lit a campfire!" Ningguang scolded her as she zipped up her suit. 

"Well, I'm sorry I had to do something in order for us to survive!" The captain bickered and got up to fetch her clothes and eyepatch.

Seriously… it's very early in the morning and the first thing we do is fight! the lady whined in her thoughts. She then peeped through the gaps of the barricaded window. They were all unfamiliar men. It didn't seem like they were the general's soldiers either.

"There are a few men outside… maybe six? I don't think they're the general's soldiers, though," the lady reported and backed away from the window.

"Who are they then?"

"I don't have a clue."

Beidou finished changing and grabbed her vision. "Do you think our visions will work here?" she asked.

"They do," the lady responded.

"Alright, what's the plan?"

The lady took a deep breath and listened to the footsteps of men coming from all around the cabin. "We don't have much of a choice but to confront them. I don't think it'll cause much of a ruckus since we are isolated." 

Suddenly a voice from the other side of the door called out, "Hey, is anybody home? We're just starving men who want to eat." 

The captain and the lady exchanged looks. "No way we're falling for that," Beidou whispered. "Brace yourself."

"Hey!" the man began to knock on the door.

"My lady, come here." The captain held her hand out. Without a word, the lady accepted it and they quickly made their way behind the counter.