17: The Distressed

A/N: I'M FINALLY BACKKKKK :D sorry for the veryy long wait and thank you for being patient.

Agent Ningguang felt like they had been walking in a dark hallway for hours. She wondered what time it was. Surely, it felt like it was midnight because she started to feel drowsy. There were no windows or the slightest hint of natural light; only the lit torches in the hall. The agent glanced over at Zhongli at her side and she could tell he was beginning to feel exhausted as well. Everyone was awfully quiet and the sounds of their footsteps were only heard. Agent Ningguang wondered how the other fatui managed to keep themselves awake. The queen herself didn't appear tired at all and neither did the fatuus in white walking ahead of her, leading the way.

The agent wished for two things at the moment: the first one being unrestrained and finally getting that cloth out of her mouth and finally returning back to the Jade Chamber... where—well—she hopes she runs into her duplicate and kills her.

"We are almost there," the male fatuus in white said.

It was only a few more steps until they reached the destination. They entered a small natatorium in which the pool's water was bright and its reflections on the ceiling can be seen clearly. When there was nothing else but the pool, the Tsaritsa turned her head menacingly to the fatuus in white. "What are we supposed to see? There's nothing else but a pool. I expected to see some teleporter or machine or something."

The fatuus gulped. "Y-Your Majesty, this is the exact room and the spot you're standing right now is where we found her."

"So you just found her standing right here?"

"Yes, Your Majesty, it was around after the sun had set."

"You're telling me that the twin just appeared right here out of nowhere?" She smoldered her eyes.

The fatuus took a step back when the queen shot her eyes at him. "U-Uh w-well—she was found wet."

"Wet?"

"Yes, Your Majesty. She appeared to be very soaking wet—as if she just came out of the water with full clothes." He looked at her with terrified eyes.

The queen blinked and glanced at the pool. There was a brief moment of silence and everyone looked over at the pool. There was nothing that seemed unordinary. Agent Ningguang examined the water, but there was nothing. "Are you lying to me?" She hissed and darted her eyes back again at the male fatuus. The Tsaritsa pointed over to the pool. "There is nothing but water. How can she just possibly come from the water?"

"That is what we are trying to figure out, Your Majesty."

Agent Ningguang just wanted to rip the queen's head off because now no one had answers since she was the reason that Kristina died. Well, not that she really cares about all the commotion going on, she just wanted to speed up the process and get out of the hellhole she was in quickly.

"Well, figure it out soon or some other weird phenomenon or whatever you call it—I don't care, come out of the water." She glared into his soul as she took a step toward him. "We can't let this trouble us in our process of building an army, you hear me?"

He quivered as he nodded his head. "Y-Yes, Your Majesty."

The queen began walking toward the exit. "Have this place monitored. Report anything you see, got it?" She shook her head. "Ugh, you are all the same." She exited through the door, with the rest of the crew leaving one by one. Another fatuus appeared and said, "what are we going to do about the two?" he held a picture the agent couldn't see well, but she made out two figures that seemed masculine.