4: The Mission

A/N: I may or may have not drawn Beidou from this angle on purpose.... (although it's kinda sucky but whatever wksjdsk also dont mind my messy writing lol)

Thank you to those have greeted me a happy birthday :)). Also, I'm finally free again!!!! MOVING ON TO THE STORY

-----------------------

Yet, if looks could kill... Ningguang would probably be dead by now.

---------

Keqing helped Ningguang to her room to rest for a bit and helped her sit on the edge of her bed. "Are you alright?" The shorter girl asked. "It looks like it hurts."

Ningguang nodded, but she continued to feel both of her knees. "I'm fine." Keqing stood there and pondered. You're lucky I was just testing you, Ningguang... this isn't like you.

A knock from the door came. General Beidou stood there, eyeing Ningguang as the door was left open. "Is everything alright?" She was clearly speaking to the injured lady. Ningguang realized this and answered, "yes, everything is alright."

Beidou kept her stern face and entered the room herself. "Agent Keqing, please return to training if you are not injured," Beidou said as she walked towards them. Keqing simply bowed her head and left the room without a word.

Ningguang stood and was about to follow Keqing when suddenly a hand gripped tight on her left wrist. "Where do you think you are going, Ningguang?" Beidou looked straight into her eyes. The lady opened her mouth to answer, "I am alright, therefore I shall return to training–"

"I don't think so," Beidou interrupted and pushed the girl onto her bed. Ningguang was taken aback at the general's actions. Just... what does she think she's doing?! Ningguang thought.

The general walked closer to the lady and pulled her left leg closer to her. She suddenly but slowly rolled up her sweatpants. Ningguang was flustered as she felt the general's soft fingers touching her skin. Beidou kept rolling up her sweatpants up to her knees, which fortunately for Ningguang, her tattoo couldn't be seen. The general's face remained stern, but her eyes told of pain.

"You are injured." Beidou then grabbed her right leg and rolled up her sweatpants up to her knees, revealing a far worse injury than her left. More blood was seeping. "You just never listen to your body, don't you..." This time, her voice was less fierce but rather almost at the state of pity. "Do not move. I will be right back."

Beidou left the room and Ningguang was finally able to breathe normally again. She heaved. She was really close...! Ningguang did some more thinking. At first, she was really intimidating... but then now, it feels more warm when she softens up. The tianquan didn't realize she was blushing and feeling her lips. Ah! Dear me! This is not the same Beidou! Snap out of it! Don't get fooled just because they exactly look alike! Ningguang sat properly on the edge of her bed. I really wonder how Beidou and the others are doing back home... She frowned at the thought.

Soon enough, General Beidou returned with a first aid kit. Ningguang was confused because didn't Beidou have medics in the Jade Chamber?

The general dragged Ningguang's chair near her and sat on it as she inspected Ningguang's injured knees. They sat very close to each other and the tianquan felt like she was going to burst, but managed to stay calm.

Beidou began to clean her wounds. "Ugh..." Ningguang let out a small groan as it stinged. The general looked at her everytime she cleansed a spot. Maybe to make sure she wasn't feeling any pain?