19. fire to the rain

"Now what the fuck was that?" Fatima asked as she stood in between both men, equally glaring them down. "Baby, -" Zac was the first to speak but she shut him up.

"No, I wanna hear it from him since it sounds like he has so much to say" she scolded at Cordell while shoving the gift bag towards Zac. "Enlighten me" she folded her arms and faced him but before he could speak, she turned her body to face Zac "And you!! why are you even here? I thought we agreed you would just meet him at his office"

"Right" Cordell took upon himself to intervene, "He's obviously hard in the head Fatima" She blew out a breath and rolled her eyes to the ceiling, pitching the bridge of her nose. Fatima's downfall was putting her faith in people who had let her down before because clearly that backfired on account the tempers and egos of these two men.

"Nobody is talking to you" she said through a harsh tone, "Yeah. Nobody said shit to you. Why are you even still here?" Zac's body bucked forward and Fatima pushed him back with the palm of her hand to his chest. "Zac chill" she said, looking at him. When his eyes finally broke from their nasty glare on Cordell, his face softened as Fatima gave him a look of reassurance and whispered "Stop it baby".

Vocalizing his disgust from behind them, Cordell's aggravated chuckle broke their moment before it had time to settle. "Oh so you're really with this dude Fatima? When did you lower your standards?" Zac's tongue touched his bottom lip and a slick smirk drew across his face as his eyes narrowed at Cordell from over Fatima's shoulder. "Lower your standards, Ha! that's funny..kinda how when she left you on your knee"

"Zac stop! Look at me.." once again, Zac pulled his dark eyes from glaring and his mind from jumping fence to tackle Cordell to the ground. "He in your shit. This your building. Don't give him the satisfaction, you hear me?" Zac's upper lip was curled and his fists were clenched tight as he nodded. Fatima could tell by look in his eye if he got ahold to Cordell he would kill him. She was almost certain their meeting didn't go as well as she hoped and Cordell's piss poor attitude was only adding to his stress. Reluctantly, she turned her attention back to Cordell who was visibly bothered by all he heard and witnessed but he did it to himself. Bad intentions will never get you far.

"You know what, my bad for thinking you could be a man and handle your business. I was actually doing you a favor but you rather let your feelings determine your pockets" she said and shook her head. "Just leave. There's nothing else we need from you"

"Fatima, wait. If I could —"

"You fucking can't. Fuck outta here" Fatima could feel Zac's chest inflate from behind her when he felt like Fatima was being ignored.
"Fine. I'll leave but I need to speak with Fatima" Cordell had the nerve to say.

"Oh Cordell!" Fatima started, already in her own fit of laughter, "That ship has sailed and sunk. Come on Zac" she continued to laugh, taking the gift bag from him as she extended her hand to grab the knob while Zac had never taken his eyes off Cordell and good thing he didn't. As soon as Fatima's attention was focused on the door, Cordell reached forward to grab her arm, almost fast enough to make contact but Zac was faster. In the blink of an eye, he moved Fatima out the way and threw a punch with enough to knock 6 foot 204 pound Cordell off his feet.

"Gahdamnit Zachary" Fatima sighed, looking at Zac as his fixed his suit. "I wish you would touch her" he gritted. He checked his fist as Cordell lay on his back, "Get inside the office Fatima" he said sternly, heat radiating from his temper alone and because he can tell her what to do, she did as he said.

"Wrinkled my fucking suit playing with this pillow top soft ass nigga" Zac mumbled until his phone connected to the security desk "Come get this nigga off my floor and the fuck outta my building" he instructed before ending the call. He looked at Cordell one more time, out cold on the ground and shortly after, the elevator dinged and the doors opened to reveal 4 guys dressed in black from head to toe, the two in the back with the gurney. "Another knockout Mr Taylor?" the guy in the front jokingly asked and the other's joined in talking shit and laughing.