12. wintery mix

"Ask whatever the fuck you gonna ask him, get whatever closure you think you need and make him take you straight home"
Fatima said to nobody but herself. She was sitting in Zac's office waiting to find out what was going on and when they were leaving.

Long story short, an altercation broke out just after Toni called for Fatima to join them on stage. Zac had to put his personal woes aside and handle the responsibilities of being the owner of a nightclub but not before he made sure Fatima was safe, secure and out of harms way. One of the guards said they were instructed by their boss to have her escorted to his office until the commotion was cleared. Why it took 3 of them to do so, she thought was kind of odd.

Maya checked in with Fatima shortly after, letting her know she was outside on the phone with her husband when everything happened and she was safe in the car. She offered to wait for her friend but Fatima told her to just go. It was already well after midnight, they missed the ball drop and the party was definitely over.

Fatima unlocked her phone, sighing when she saw it was now 12:44 am. "I knew I should have just stayed home" she mumbled to herself as she crossed her left leg over her right knee to unfasten the strap of her Saint Laurent Opyum's and did the same with her right. Soon she heard the mumbled voice of a man she knew was none other than Zac as the pin to unlock his office door was typed in on the other side.

"I'm gonna have Jarod pull the tapes in the morning...Those were big ass shells and the police wants to know who has those type of firearms in their possession. I want to know how the fuck they got inside my fucking club" Zac held it together well but it was obvious he was pretty upset.  Fatima noticed the vein throbbing on his neck as he growled on the phone. He had the same one on the top of his— "You good?" he asked Fatima, locking eyes with her instantly. "Yeah" she plainly replied staring at her lock screen to get the image of his dick out of her head. Zac felt her block but didn't take it to heart this time.

"Yeah, we straight. I'll hit you sometime tomorrow" Zac said before he ended the call. He inhaled a deep breath and scratched the back of his head. "You know what happened? Did anybody get hurt?" Fatima genuinely asked

"No to both questions. All I know is somebody won't have a job in the morning " Zac said as he unbuttoned his shirt the rest of the way. He walked over to a door and opened it, leading him into a walk in closet where he stayed for just a few minutes."You talked to Maya?" Zac asked reemerging in a black polo shirt that still made him look like the well kept, sophisticated, fine ass businessman he was. Fatima could never get enough of Zac in a customer suit but the fit of this polo was doing it for her.

"Tima.." he called, staring at her confused. "You okay? You need a water or something?"

"No. I'm fine." Zac just nodded and sat beside her in the velvet sofa, earning a questionable expression from Fatima. "What are you doing?" she asked

"What do you mean? I'm just sitting down"

"I see that but why come over here? Why not sit at your desk?"

Zac smacked his lips, "If I wanted to sit at my desk I would but I don't want to"

"Well I need a little breathing room" Fatima said scooting away but not really going anywhere. The sofa was more of a love seat so they were still thigh to thigh. Zac's eyebrows gathered as he looked at Fatima confused. "So it's like that now? You don't fuck with me no more?" She didn't answer him, knowing a dead end conversation. He knew if she didn't fuck with him she would have told Maya to wait. "Zac, it's late. I'm not in the mood to talk about your wi—"

"Then tomorrow." he quickly interrupted before she could form the word "I'll come over or I'll take you out. It's whatever you want " Zac said not giving Fatima much of a chance to decline his offer even though he knew she would try.