17. hot in the paint

30 minutes had passed since Fatima started painting away on her canvas. There hadn't been much talking from her and other than the music playing on shuffle there wasn't much noise. Zac just trashed two canvases already, after randomly throwing paint on his first two. He brought extra because he didn't know how many times Fatima wanted to do this and thought about just keeping them with her but he used those up by this time.

Zachary Taylor wasn't an artsy type of man. He could do a museum, maybe a gallery here or there but had no desire or skill to create anything outside of lucrative contracts and multibillion dollar businesses. This was all for Fatima and from the looks of things she was throughly enjoying herself.

"You good baby?" he asked, briefly looking up from his canvas. "Mhm!" Fatima happily replied without looking up from hers.

Zac dipped his brush into the black paint for the millionth time, painting random strokes on the white canvas with no technique at all. Fatima on the other hand, stood quiet and focused in front of him, barely feet from each other with the set up of their canvas and easels being the only reason for their separation. He sporadically moved his brush around, appearing to look busy but watched Fatima like a hawk. She took a step back to evaluate her work like she needed a wider view to see what did or did not need to be added. After a few more seconds she stepped back into her original place and grabbed another brush, dipping it in paint and rising it to the canvas again. Zac smiled and tried peeking over but she was quick to catch him.

"Eyes to yourself sir" she smiled back at him without looking up.

"You know I'm not good at that ma'am" he said, still looking at her. Fatima shook her head and smiled but never took her eyes from her canvas. "Well it's never too late to practice because you're being a distraction and I'm trying to work" Fatima said. He noticed her tongue lightly brush over her bottom lip before she pulled it into her mouth to nibble it. Over the course of time they have spent together, Zac could tell from the expression on her face she was thinking through the deepest details of her mind. Her eyes and attention were locked in showing just how focused she was. It made him wonder if she was gifted with a paint brush like she was at so many other things.

"You look like you know what you doing. You really don't want me to see it?" he asked, inching his way around to her but she blocked him with her butt before he got too close. "Zac! stop playing, it's not done yet"! she scolded, bumping him backwards.

"Watch where you throwing all that" he laughed making her do the same. "So you a artist? You sensitive bout yo shit?" he asked as his hands fell to hold her ass, lightly tapping it before she put the paint brush in between her folded lips and turned to push him away. "I'm not but I am sensitive so yeah, you can move. " she gave him a playful attitude. She knew that shit turned his weird ass on.

Zac smacked his teeth, knowing a lie when he heard it, "You are not a sensitive woman by any means but okay. How long do I have to wait?" She cut a sharp eye at him, making him smirk and back up.

"Must you be so impatient all the time?" she chuckled, "Give me like 10 minutes, just 10"

"10 minutes?! nah" he shook his head "That is too long. You know what can happen in 10 minutes?" Zac complained

"Yes I do. You can sit over there and wait for those 10 minutes to be up." she laughed at him "You are the most dramatic person I've ever meant. I thought Maya was bad but you?" she said, adding a touch or two here and there.