15. cold judgments

DISCLAIMER:
1. filler chapter, kinda
2. most; if not all of this law/court stuff is made up, so #dontdome lol
3. i only chose the name Noelle for Christmas but since idk how long this is gonna be, im changing it to Natasha 😂

happy reading 🫶🏽
______________________

Tuesday morning

📍Fulton County Courthouse

"Thank you so much Attorney Wilson, for everything!!" Stephanie says with tears streaming down her face as she and Fatima hugged outside of the courtroom. She held her two kids close, happy to have full custody on top of being awarded $7050 a month for alimony and $4500 a month for child support. She also got to keep every dime her business made and her ex husband left the courtroom in handcuffs, which neither of them saw coming.

"It was truly my pleasure. I told you time and time again, even when the odds feel stacked against you anything is possible with God on your side, Ms Williams" she emphasized her maiden name, making Stephanie smile. "Yes, with Him and you" Stephanie gratefully beamed. Fatima shared another hug between Stephanie and her children before they gave well wishes and left the courthouse.

"We got another one, Big G" Fatima softly cheered in the empty hallway. She wore a vicious grin on her have and checked her phone to see a text from Zac but she didn't get the chance to open it. "Attorney Wilson" she heard her name being called behind her and turned around. "Hello Officer Wright" she greeted him with a smile and handshake.

"If you had a moment Judge Morrow asked for your presence in her office" he said. "Uh," Fatima double checked the time, knowing she wasn't due back to her desk for another 2 hours "Sure, I have a little time" she smiled more before following him to a elevator.

Judge Janet Morrow's office
The Officer instructed for Fatima to take a seat and make herself comfortable until the judge returned within the next few minutes. She thanked him and waited until he closed the door to finally check her man's message.

ZT🤞🏽
________

i just found out adam dropped me this morning.
10:45am

"What? What kinda.." Fatima voiced her frustration out loud, itching to call him but she knew he was probably in a courtroom downstairs. "Oh my God" Fatima sighed, looking up at the ceiling. Being familiar with the process, she knows his hope of this being his last time at the courthouse for this matter is out of the window. She thought of a solution to run by Zac but not before the door opened behind her.

"Fatima!" Janet Morrow exclaimed, closing the office door. "Hey Ms Janet, it's been so long" Fatima matched her energy as they hugged. Janet was the first judge Fatima met when she moved to Atlanta. Janet quickly fell in love with Fatima's wit, strong presence and brilliant personality. On top of that, she was the youngest female to ever make partner at Alphas law. Soon, everybody knew Fatima wasn't one to fuck around. There wasn't many black women in law killing it like Fatima. Most of them had sold out or given up all together. There was plenty of times Fatima wanted to do the same but Janet was always there to give her the encouraging words and advice she needed some.

"So tell me Tima, how's life been treating Georgia's best kept secret?" Janet asked, taking a seat at her desk. "It's been good actually. My family is doing good, work is working" she laughs a little "Most importantly, God is good. Always doing His ones when it comes to me"