Confessing the yearned truth

We entered the place and we met the sage where we had seen her the first time we came. "Welcome, you passed your first test," she said in her old but alluring voice. "We did!" I exclaimed in surprise, "Yes, if not you will be trapped down there" she replied while I nodded my head. I looked around for Anabella but she was nowhere to be seen until I looked closer at the entrance where I saw her in the arms of her man. A feeling of envy embodied me.

Anyway, it's just a matter of time before I meet mine.

The sage brought out the book from the locker it was kept. She handed it over to Anabella who gave it to me, "I thought you were not going to leave him alone" I said to her jokingly, "stop teasing me" she replied with a smile, the book is made of shimmering, iridescent scales and keep coral bound together with strands of seaweed. It glowed with a soft, ethereal light, and the words inside were written in the swirling, curling shapes of seaweed. The pages turned like the waves of the ocean and the book reeked of salt and brine.

I was still lost in my world of examining the book when the sage spoke up "I knew a day like this would come, a day whereby the Isnamerman and the Isnamermaid will refuse to get married but still open the book together. Now let us hurry up with the opening of the book" the old sage said, "How do we start?" I asked. "The greatest fortune and the future of Lemuria, the greatest Merfolk kingdom in history will be determined by whatever happens here today" he explained while we looked at each other and nodded in the affirmative, "so you both have to place your hands on the book while I make sure your blood touch the front cover of the book," she said.

I placed my hand on the book while the safe made a small cut on my palm then blood oozed out of it and she did the same for Anabella, a light beamed from the book as it shone brightly letting us let go of our hands in the process. The book opened by itself with a picture of one of the past Isnamermaid and Isnamerman on it holding the gem together which served as a union between them.

The sage read out aloud what was in the book starting from the next page "Once upon a time, long ago I prayed to Kanaloa the god of death and life. And I asked him a question in return for my penance, it was 'will there be a time when the world above us will be in danger?' and the reply was 'Yes, there will be a time when cunning traitors will turn the world into a place of death, An era that will claim humanity'. So then at that time, the Isnamerman will be the one to take the responsibility of saving the people" she read out loud.

"What! how come? why me?....why is everything scripted there? All these constitute that everything going on in my life, Lemuria, and the world abi e is already predestined?" I asked as I stood up from where I was seated already. "Yes, everything is stated in this book till a certain time" Anabella explained. "So can I continue with the story?" she asked. "Yes," Anabella replied.

"So after the Isnamerman has identified and killed the five traitors, there will be another traitor but this time around a mystic traitor which no one knows about. The arrival of the sixth traitor will mark a new story and change, the traitor will at its very best try to take the life of his love" she read out again, and that time I got impatient and angry for the last sentence she made. "What was that, how can I believe it is true and not lies?" I asked her. "According to my mother, anything written in this book remains the truth and nothing more" Anabella answered.

"The sixth traitor will be right in front of his eyes but he won't realize it. The Colo dynasty is the greatest enemy of the Lemuria tribe, the sixth traitor will hail from that dynasty" she read out finally. "Well, if that is true I cannot be here. I won't be allowing anything bad to happen to Doris so I have to be there" I swam out of the sage's dwelling quickly.

I entered the room where I met Doris seated on the bed with her legs crossed "Why are you just coming? Where have you been since you left?" she asked without taking a minute to look at me. I ran to her jumped on the bed and hugged her "Thank you for staying here, I love you" I said as I closed my eyes expressing the feeling that had eaten every inch of my lungs out.