HAPPY NEW YEAR (PART 1)

It's a Holiday tradition now... 😈✨

Marie-Noel and Balthazar are back, and this time, it takes place a few days after their December 24th encounter in the North Pole from Last Christmas...

*cheers*

*BALTHAZAR'S POV*

*BALTHAZAR'S POV*

"This Christmas was a bang! I just got the reports, and hell, it was the most productive year I've seen throughout my career!"

That coming from the horned man stroking his pointy salt-and-pepper goatee is saying a lot.

He's almost as old as the rusty chains he's rattling to silence the thousands and thousands of cheers and whistles echoing around the large auditorium.

"And a special shoutout to my son. Now, I know that when I'll retire, the succession is assured 'cause you really smashed your goals!" Krampus' crooked finger finds me through the crowd, and I return his wry smile as I stand up under all the applause and wave at everyone.

Yes, I've really smashed it this year.

And more than the moment of glory, I'm basking in the memories replaying behind my eyes as I sit back down, putting my feet on the backrest in front of me and flipping a candy into my mouth.

So so sweet...

I could almost forget we're at the annual 27th meeting as I'm zoning out of the rest of Krampus' speech. It's the same every year anyway.

He'll praise a few more people, including himself, and then, remind us that it isn't the moment to rest, and that with the holidays spirit of family drama and disappointing gifts, we have to watch out for people about to move up on our lists. All of that on his precious little slideshow with small devil sketches to illustrate his words.

Yeah, I know, a slideshow meeting for the great Krampus, it's not as glamorous as everyone would imagine. But most of the evil elves here are too hungover from the 25th celebration to care.