Chapter Eight

Sun Saiyaan

"Despite being alone, I somewhat feel a little warm."

. . .

Hello everyone!
I wasn't planning to post the chapter this soon but since it's new year, I thought why not.

Cheers to a New Year & New Beginnings! 🥂✨
Wishing everyone amazing health, success and wealth! 🥳

Story by _Hxl1m4_

. . .

Chapter 8

"Ragini." She stared up to the side after hearing her name, following her gazes Sanskaar turned in the same direction too. "Get up, let's go home now." Sujata leaned forward, helping Ragini stand up while Sanskaar blinked at her, trying to analyse her expressions to see how she was feeling after the disclosure.

"Mom." He stood up straight after and continued staring at Sujata's face. Sujata made eye contact with him, "I didn't hear anything." Sujata made clear and then made eye contact with a surprised Ragini. Sanskaar was relieved yet surprised by Sujata's words.

Sujata held Ragini's hand firmly and took her with him. "Mistakes happen Ragini. We're all human at the end of the day, no one is perfect." She spoke and started walking, taking Ragini with her. "Sanskaar made a mistake, you made a mistake, even I make mistakes. But what makes us better is that we try to rectify it. Don't dwell too deep in the past. It's understandable, somethings quick decisions like these are made because of the pain and sufferings that stab your heart. It sometimes turn into someone you don't want to be." She further adds in a calm demeanour, making Ragini's eyes water again. "I won't say forgive us, but please don't let the pain take away the opportunity of you living your life Ragini."

Ragini lowers her gazes, processing what Sujata was saying while Sanskaar followed them behind. Sujata helped Ragini sit in the car and closed the door, she then sat in the passengers seat and closed the door, putting her seatbelt on.

"You need time Ragini. Take your time to calm down and figure out what you want." Sujata explained and Sanskaar sat inside the car too, closing the door and putting his seatbelt on, starting to drive.

Despite being angry, confused, frustrated, sad and heartbroken, Sujata understood the depth of this situation. She knew that being aggressive towards any of them would result in negativity, she had to be the mature one and handle both of them differently, mainly with what they can endure. After thorough thinking of Ragini's situation, Sujata had calmed herself down and decided to approach her. She acknowledges that mistakes were made from both sides, her son was in the wrong and so was Ragini but two wrongs won't make a right, unless they rectify it. She fully understands that her son may have been the fire that burned Ragini's morality, which stopped helping her distinguish between what's right and wrong. In the end, it was always gonna be 'if Sanskaar didn't. . .' And to end that, she had to be the elder one and help the two move away from their dark past to shape their bright future. She is willing to forget she heard anything and live a calm and peaceful life with her son and her daughter-in-law. She imagined, 'just like Sanskaar went astray because I wasn't there to guide him, could it be the same for Ragini? If her mother was with her, she would've guided her from being astray. What a lonely child! Her father married his love, neglected her, showed love to Swara. Her Daadimaa raised her with love yet restricting her from living her life. I need to hold Sanskaar and Ragini's hands and keep them warm. I'm going to protect them, I won't fail them again. This world may have let them down but I won't.' Sujata's eyes water at the thought of how everyone around them failed to protect them.