Chapter Fourteen

Sun Saiyaan

"Never underestimate a person who has been broken. They fear nothing now."

. . .

Chapter 14

Sanskaar looked down at his phone and Adarsh took his phone out of his pocket, seeing Ram's name flashing on his screen.

"I need to take this." Adarsh uttered and Sanskaar nodded at him, he then stood up walking to the side while answering his call.

Adarsh answered his call, "hello?"

"Hello, Adarsh, where are you? I tried so many times I couldn't get to you!"

"I'm out, why?"

"Come fast, it's an emergency, we need you."

Adarsh creased his forehead, "why, what happened?"

"Our stocks have plunged and one of our investor pulled out."

"What!" Adarsh's voice was loud and clear to Sanskaar who stopped speaking on the phone and turned to face a stressed and startled Adarsh.

"A new investor will be here shortly to see if the investment would be worth it or not. We need you to talk to him."

"Okay." Adarsh disconnected the call and hurriedly stood up, Sanskaar disconnected his call and walked over to Adarsh.

"I need to go Sanskaar, it's an emergency." Sanskaar nodded his head, "I'll come with you."

Adarsh looked at him and understood he found out what happened, then nodded. The two start rushing out.

X

Gadodia House.

Shekhar and Swara were sat in the hall for the past hour, while Sharmishta and Parvati were cooking in the kitchen. As soon as they entered Ragini said she wanted to be alone and went straight to her room, they didn't disturb her as they wanted her to come out on her own and neither let Parvati go to her.

Ragini walked out of the storeroom with a trunk in her hand, she was struggling to carry it yet slowly made it to her room. She sighed a relief and put the trunk on her bed. Lucky for her, the storeroom was the door next to her room. She stared at it, it had to be this one, this was the only trunk she found in the storeroom, it has to be her mother's. She swallowed and slowly opened it, staring inside it with affection. It indeed was her mother's, she spotted a lot of things in there that she remembered from her childhood, especially that purple diary she could never read. A smile curled over her lips as she looked through it, finding a picture of her wedding day.

"I'm sorry you had to suffer Maa. But I'm grateful that you were my mother, even if I don't remember you properly, I can still feel the love and warmth you gave me. I never felt that love or warmth ever again after you left." She spoke to the photo, staring only at her mother, completely ignoring her father in the picture.

Tears seeped down her eyes and she found few other photos, grabbing them. One was of Janaki with her family, Ragini creased her forehead slightly and continued blinking with her teary eyes, she wiped her tears to get a clearer look at the photo, it was of Janaki's father, mother, little Janaki and a boy. She dug through the pile of papers inside the trunk, trying to find something she could read or see. She came across another photo, that was hidden under the papers of a grown up Janaki with a boy. The boy was starting to look familiar to Ragini, and she found the wedding picture that was in her hand again, seeing the boy standing behind Janaki.