3

Buck's point of view

Two weeks later.

"So how are things between you and Brady going relationship wise?" Athena asks me making me get a huge smile on my face and also blush. "Good, I mean he is an amazing boyfriend he's better than any other actual relationships I've had." I tell Athena who goes to hand me a coffee I turn it down and laugh. "Buck denying coffee?" She raises her eyebrow and puts the back of her hand on my head.

"Brady's right caffeine is a must while on the job, I like to let my poor heart have a break from the caffeine on my days off." I laugh as she nods her head and chuckles at me. "Makes sense, what do you mean by amazing?" She asks me as I blush as it is going to sound stupid.

"I don't know it just the little things he does it's probably stupid, every morning I wake up to a good morning text from him and I mean every single morning. If he notices that I am picking at my finger nails he quickly picked up on that being anxiety, he always pulls me aside when were out and asks if I'm ok or if we should go home. Like I said it's stupid that the things that make me in awe about him." I tell her my cheeks a deep cherry red Athena has a caring smile on her face.

"That's not stupid Buck, it the little things that matter he's a gentlemen." I nod my head and then look down sighing. "Yeah scares me a bit because I think I'm starting to really fall in love with him, but we both know I get attached to easily." She shakes her head and grabs my hands and hold them in hers. "Buck you wear your heart on your sleeve and that makes you burnable but I can tell he loves you to. It's ok to be in love and to allow yourself to feel that."

"I know it's just hard because of Abby than Eddie it scares me to be in love like that again." I explain to her she lets out a sigh. "Abby gave me the creeps the way she took your number off a report. Eddie was just a hateful and petty asshole who had raging anger issues, who takes it off on anyone and everyone. Don't let them scare you, Brady is a good guy I think you finally picked a good one." I smile and give her a hug.

I hear the door open and I sigh thinking it's Bobby who is going to walk down when I see May. "Hey May shouldn't you be at school?" Athena growls at her and she shrugs at Athena and says. "It was shut down for a gas leak so we were sent home." My eyes widen at her as I look at her. "Are you ok, how long were you in the building for with a leak" She laughs and gives me a hug and I smile. "Sorry habit I just care for ya kid." I tell her letting go of her.

Then I hear Bobby say he's back, I stand up giving May one last hug. "I-I should go, I'll come by again soon Thena love ya both." I say grabbing my things and my car keys May grabs onto my arm and I sigh. "No Buck please don't leave we barely see you anymore." I feel horrible and I gulp. "Hey if it's of course only ok with your mom why don't I pick you and Harry up on Friday and we can do whatever you two want?" I say looking down to her and she looks at Athena who smiles. "Of course it would be ok with me Buck, I know your not going to hurt my kids." I laugh at that as that's not what I meant.

"You know what I meant Thena, I should get going though." I say walking towards the door when I feel Bobby grip my arm causing me to rip it away from him. "Buck May is right you should stay for dinner." I scoff and shake my head at him crossing my arms glaring at him. "We both know that isn't a good idea Robert have a nice night." I say walking out of the house Bobby running after me.

"Buck please just stop and talk to me!" I turn around and look at him and shrug my shoulders at him annoyed. "About what, there is nothing to talk about!" I yell at him just wanting to go home as tonight is date night. "I am sorry about everything that happened and I miss you." I shake my head at him I feel tears well up in my eyes. "No you don't get to do that and no your not sorry, you don't miss me." I say walking off again when he yells. "I do miss you Buck you were like a son to me."