Chapter 12: Free Pass

Stella's POV

Iminulat ko ang mata ko at bumungad sa akin ang puting ceiling. I squinted my eyes on where I am right now, and that's when I realized that I'm in a clinic room.

There's a medical apparatus on my right side, and a bedside table on my left. Then there's Julian sitting on a sofa from the left corner of the room, he's sleeping. Mayroong bandage ang kamay niya, at sa pagkakaalala ko, 'yon 'yong dumudugo nang gabing nangyari ang lahat.

I used every strength that I have to sit down and that caused the bed to make a noise. Napangiwi ako nang sumakit 'yong ulo ko dahil sa paggalaw ko na 'yon. Am I always going to end up to a hospital every time I use Phoenix? Damn it.

"Hey..." A warm hand held my back, kaya napalingon ako kay Julian na nag-aalalang nakatingin sa akin. "... Are you feeling okay?"

Hindi ako nakagot dahil naalala ko ang nangyari kagabi. Another flashback went in my mind and I hissed. "Forget about me, how are you?"

"I-I'm good, I guess?" He shrugged and tried to help me to sit down properly.

Bigla kong naalala na hindi nga lang kaming dalawa ni Julian ang nandoon. "How about Caleb? How is he?"

Umiwas ng tingin si Julian at napabuntong hininga. "He's not okay."

Nanlaki ang mata ko and I started panicking. I'm the reason why he was there and I caused him so much trouble. "W-Where is he? Is he hurt?"

"What? No, he's fine. He doesn't have any wounds or anything. But what happened caused him a lot of trouble as the President of Sovereign Academy." Natigilan ako at napahawak sa ulo ko. This is all my fault. I should've listened. "The board of directors are currently in the meeting with Caleb. They are discussing about the possible sanction for the three of us who disobeyed the rules."

"But he didn't disobey–"

"He did, by following us into the Pavilion," Julian said that cut me off.

"Then, tell me the truth, Julian." I looked at him, straight in the eye. I want answers to all my questions. "Why did you lead me there when you know it's dangerous?"

He sighed and stood up straight. Then he started walking back and forth as if he was hesitant to tell me something.

"You promised you'd tell me the truth, Julian! So, please. Tell me!" asik ko. Ayaw ko nang magpaikot-ikot sa ganito. I don't want to be left behind from the truth again just like what Mom and Dad did to me.

"Your Father is missing, Stella." Natigilan ako at napatingin sa kaniya.

"W-What?"

"Before I transferred here, your Mom told me to find your Dad and ask him to come back and never step a foot to Sovereign Academy again, but when I got here, it was too late." Napapikit siya dahil tila ba ay frustrated din siya sa sinasabi niya sa akin. "He's gone, he's missing. No one would tell me where he is and until now, I'm still trying to find him. Alam kong may kinalaman ang Student Council sa nangyaring pagkawala ng Ama mo."

"Is that the reason why you asked me to stay away from Caleb?" I asked and Julian nodded in response.

"I wanted to leave this place so bad, but I can't go back to you without your Father." Julian held my hand and he squeezed it, making me feel at ease. "I want to come back to you with your Father so, I could make it easier for you and your Mom. Alam ko kung gaano kahirap sa'yo nang mawala siya. I just wanted you both to be happy."

"But you're putting yourself in danger!"

"So, be it, Stella. I don't fucking care." Julian stared at me as if his life depends on what he was saying. "I will do anything to get you and your Father out of here. So, trust me, okay?"