"I need to go see mom. She shouldn't be alone right now."

Deku nodded his head "Yeah. Kaz and Kaide are going to be here soon, they are going to find the books Fuyumi and Kei were looking for."

Shoto nodded, "Okay. Uh.."
"Is there anything I should have them pick up for Rei? I can send Ochaco too, or go myself. Anything you guys need."

"No." Shoto sighed, he didn't think the Midoriyas needed to be super involved in this. "Uh, I'm sure Kocho and Kei would like to see Himiko and Kaz."

Deku nodded "They'll be here soon." he watched Shoto leave and went to console Hawks and his girls, he tapped Hawk's shoulder, Keigo jumped, turning to see Deku, he wrapped his arms around him with a whimper, Hawks sighed, hugging Deku back half-heartedly, clearly Deku was going through something of his very own right now, but he supposed it was nice that Deku was here to help.

Deku thought about asking how Keigo felt, but he stopped himself, looking at his feet, and shaking his head.

"Kaide and Kaz are coming up, they're bringing the books Fuyumi and Kei were going to grab, I-I can get you guys food or something, anything you need."

Hawks sighed, looking at the girls

"Either of you hungry?"

The girls both shook their heads and Keigo sighed

"It's hard to want to eat after something like that." Deku nodded his head and sighed

"I can go get you guys clothes and stuff, maybe some shower stuff so that Kei can wash the blood out of her hair."

Hawks nodded "Yes. That sounds great." he sighed than Deku would be out of his hair for a minute too. He looked at his daughter. She looked like Shoto. One side of her white hair had turned red. He was trying not to think about the fact that him becoming a single dad was a real possibility right now. He looked at Deku with a sigh, Deku had been through the same thing, it was a big part of why he retired. He remembered feeling bad for Deku, being glad he hadn't married another pro hero. He supposed that shouldn't have been something that made him feel secure. Fuyumi wasn't a pro hero, but she was part of a family of pro heroes. She had been walking with their daughter who didn't look like him though, Kocho was the one with the wings and the dirty blonde hair, Kei had white hair, and blue eyes, her quirk was relatively common, if any of the Takami-Todoroki family was safe, he would have thought it was her. He didn't know how to fix this, how to ease their pain even a little, and it was killing him. He thought about Kaz, what had that little boy done when Ochaco was in intensive care. He had stayed with Inko. That wasn't an option, his mother wasn't an option. Also he didn't know if staying somewhere that wasn't home would comfort them, or just make them more upset. Maybe he should pull Kocho out of the UA dorms, the year was almost over anyways, it would make him feel better, to have them both closer. Was that best for Kocho, though? Was it best for him to rip her away from her friends for his peace of mind? He didn't know, but if he asked, he knew she would just do whatever was best for him, and he didn't want her compromising her happiness for him.

He jumped when the door opened, it was Kaz and Kaide, they were holding books and cupcakes. Kaide smiled weakly at him as Kaz went straight to the girls, which made sense, Kei had been a friend of his pretty much since she was born. He smiled at Kei, handing her the book she asked for.

"Uh we bought you a couple books, Kaide thought you would like to have the sequel and than just another book she thought you would like." he smiled

Kei nodded "Thanks." she looked at Kaide who flashed a shark toothed grin

"It's uh.. It's another sci fi book, it's got a similar vibe, I thought you would enjoy it."

Kei nodded "Y-yeah I'll probably be doing a lot of reading this summer." she murmured "Thank you guys."

"And, the doctors said you could eat cupcakes from the book store too, so we bought a dozen. Which one do you want?"

"I'll take the green one." she scrunched her face "What's with the red white and blue one?"

"Oh that's for dad. Every time I come in they send me with an Allmight one for dad."

"Allmight?"

"He was my dad's mentor."
"Your dad was a pro hero?"
"Yeah. He was uh.. Number one hero, actually, but he retired around the time Himiko was born."

"Huh."

"We shouldn't be talking about my dad right now."
"N-no. I actually would like to talk about anything but my mom."

"Uh well," Kaz really wasn't sure what else to talk about, "When my dad gets back he can tell you all about Allmight, I-I know quite a bit, but dad is much better at that stuff."

Kei nodded, Kaide was offering Koncho an orange and black cupcake that matched her butterfly wings.

"It's chocolate I think." she murmured

Kocho nodded "Thanks."

Kaide went to Hawks, handing him a yellow cupcake with red frosting. He smiled at her and took it.

"Thank you sweetheart." he sighed, picking at it as he looked at Kaide, she was adopted, but she really did look like Kirishima and Bakugo's child, shark toothed grin, blonde hair and red eyes, but he supposed she also had her scales, her tail and her wings.

"Where's Ochaco?"

"Mrs Midoriya is with her other kid I think."

"No uh.. Isn't that uh.. That girl you two are always around isn't she Ochaco too?"

"Oh. Yeah, but she goes by Pup."

"Makes sense. We've got Himiko Midoriya and Ochaco Toga, probably hard to keep the four of them straight."

"Yeah. Mrs. Midoriya and Ms. Toga like each other a lot I guess. Anyways I don't know where she is, I told her what was going on, and she said she would be here, I'm sure she's on her way."

Hawks nodded, he didn't care, he was just trying to make conversation.

"So how are you?" Kaide asked

He shrugged his shoulders, he wasn't about to trauma dump on a child.